Peterborough Show (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2015
Spalding, uk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Newbie!!
Agree totally. Went to the Funsters tent and had a wonderfully welcome hot cup of tea. Many thanks

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Yep I will add to that, first class job by the stewarts in awful weather, thank you guy's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well said Rod and Mar, hope your not on the sweet stall with the bad weather. :cry: They do work very hard I wonder how many have made them tea / coffee and biscuits ? :)

Hope your both well and have trained the dog, :LOL:
I was thinking today ;) I suppose sometimes we miss the shows and meeting up with friends, :whistle: but I read these threads sat in the sun (23c) and can't believe we came back for it. :rofl:
:D Bob and Janie.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
This year must be serious competition for the Great Peterborough Motorhome Show Flood of 2012?? It's rained heavily since midday here - I am with 20 WildAx vans at Leek, waiting for the heavy snow at 6am tomorrow!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This year must be serious competition for the Great Peterborough Motorhome Show Flood of 2012?? It's rained heavily since midday here - I am with 20 WildAx vans at Leek, waiting for the heavy snow at 6am tomorrow!

2012 was a life changer for us. :LOL: Our daughters recon when it comes to winter we don't have a clue, apparently ;) it the time of year you stop wearing shorts. :imoutahere::imoutahere:
Bob.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yes indeed thanks to the marshals doing a great job in awful weather(y) I saw Brian (Brisey) and he did look wet and cold so well done to you all.Nice to see Jim again albeit briefly ,it's been a while ,he was busy press ganging oh sorry I mean enrolling new members .thanks for the hot tea and coffee,much needed.we are now back in the van after a hot shower and enjoying a single malt(y).have a nice day tomorrow guys.
Brian & Jo

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
How is it looking at 'Peterbog' this morning?! (@Minxy Girl 's great word for it!) we are coming for the day on Sunday and hope it's not a wash out?:sun:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
On behalf of the Marshalls, may I say. Big thank you to the Funsters who supplied with us hot, drinks, sweets and tots of brandy over the past two days. Your thoughts and generosity were much appreciated by us all.
Polly, Angie, Pam, Dave, John & Brian.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Great job by the Marshalls, especially finding some hardstandings!!
You kind of know it's wet when a pair of ducks walk past your door, which they did at 7am this morning. Looking on the bright side however they were walking and not swimming!!

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Great job rally marshals, it's hard enough parking the motorhomes up in good weather, keeping the funsters happy, but in all the rain we have had is even harder, well done all of you

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I would also love to thank all the Marshalls but I havnt seen any? This maybe due to us arriving at the exit gate rather than the normal entrance lol, bloody sat nav. We are now parked in a great spot right opposite Jim and the main tent (Jim put us here)☺ @andyman when the rain stops feel free to pop over regarding the lights.

Rob

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I would also love to thank all the Marshalls but I havnt seen any? This maybe due to us arriving at the exit gate rather than the normal entrance lol, bloody sat nav. We are now parked in a great spot right opposite Jim and the main tent (Jim put us here)☺ @andyman when the rain stops feel free to pop over regarding the lights.

Rob
The captains table!! A lovely peaceful spot!;):drinks::Grin::cheers::rofl::whistle2:

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Well said Rod and Mar, hope your not on the sweet stall with the bad weather. :cry: They do work very hard I wonder how many have made them tea / coffee and biscuits ? :)

Hope your both well and have trained the dog, :LOL:
I was thinking today ;) I suppose sometimes we miss the shows and meeting up with friends, :whistle: but I read these threads sat in the sun (23c) and can't believe we came back for it. :rofl:
:D Bob and Janie.
Hi guys whats all this talk about 23 degrees hope your keeping well Charly is sort of well behaved most of the time & we love him to bits not working this one good job as we wouldn't be able to lie here basking in the balmy peterborough sunshine take care hopefully catch up one day love Rod Mar & Charly

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The sun shines on the righteous, no wonder it's pi $$Ing it down in Peterborough. Never mind, the mighty Welsh contingent will be there Sunday. Sunglasses at the ready.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The sun shines on the righteous, no wonder it's pi $$Ing it down in Peterborough. Never mind, the mighty Welsh contingent will be there Sunday. Sunglasses at the ready.
But Sunday's forecast was quite good when I last looked, not the apocalyptic floods that you have just predicted....:rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How is it looking at 'Peterbog' this morning?! (@Minxy Girl is great word for it!) we are coming for the day on Sunday and hope it's not a wash out?:sun:
I did think of calling it Peaterbog but wasn't sure if that was going tooooo far! :D

We are now snuggled up in our toasty camper watching the hail fall! It can't make it's mind up whether to rain, hail, be dull or sunny, so we're getting all the seasons in one day! :rolleyes:

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
Yes ! Thank you to all the stewards who remained cheerful and optimistic, special thanks to the tractor man who pulled us out this morning !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back