Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Hello all. Been in and out of camper-vanning for many years, have had all sorts from a baby Romahome up to a compact high-line motorhome. Now there's just me so don't need big really. I like the idea of tavelliing around without making myself obvious, sort of stealth camper-vanning I guess.

My mum recently passed away and she left me some money. She always said I should treat myself with "a nice campervan" as my reward for looking after her, so I feel I ought to honour her wishes. I've got her dog to look after now; she's basically white and shaggy! She's taken to me big time and now follows me everywhere and won't let anyone else touch her- good guard dog too!

I've decided I want to travel around Europe with open-ended trips, probably for around a month at a time. I'm into history and wildlife and especially getting off the beaten track, so I didn't want a bigger motorhome as they can be a pain especially with sat-nav, at least in the places I like going. Previously around 2000-02 I'd had a Peugeot Boxer Symphony but I remember dragging up the Pyrenees with it's 1.9 engine and really struggling, also these are mostly much older campers now often with very high mileage.

So I cast around and came up with this:

I liked the fact it was a 2007 model and the mileage was ok too at 53,000. It's the 2400 turbo diesel so hopefully I won't hold up cyclists anymore going up mountains! It's basically got everything;dedicated toilet cubicle, hot water/heating, cooker/oven, sink, awning, fridge, bike rack, reversing camera and air con. What more could I need? I'd use the couch as is rather than making up the double to allow a spot for the dog to kip.

I haggled him down a bit and then included my car in part X. It came to just a bit less than mum left me so really pleased. Pick her up in about 10 days after everything checked over - they said there is a wheel bearing to replace on the rear, and whilst it's in they'll check the others. The MOT is due in September so they'll give me a brand new one. Nice guys to do business with.

It's also been on ebay;

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Campervan looks great. Welcome to fun. :) Hope you and the dog have lots of happy travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome! What a lovely van just right for you and the doggy. What a lovely legacy from your mum have great adventures in her! Has it got a name?:hiya2::pink::france:

OP
OP
roadster55

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
I'm going to call her Scooby, don't ask me why - maybe the dog and shaggy made me think of it!

OP
OP
roadster55

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Here's my travelling companion - her life will change big time!
White Acres etc 002.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like a lovely clean van, enjoy your travels. Shaggy dog is a cutie too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back