Just been weighed in Spain (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
we have just been pulled over by Spanish police and weighed we came off at 3.75 ton
Big smile on copper face as he waves me in to office and says your overloaded
Nope I say
yes he says over 3.5 ton
Now I say and mime 3.85 ton my max :cool:
No no no he says with arms all over give me paper work he says :mad:
On production of V5 with 3.85 ton on it (y). (Lord bless vetch)
His face drops ✌and waves us on :moon2::moon2::imoutahere:
Route was A121 heading south from mallen to avoid Zaragoza

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think they have worked out a new source of potential income..
Now that no one is driving in flip flops etc... :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Do you think he just presumed you would be 3.5T or did he have something like our ANPR system telling him something that was wrong?

Good result though (y)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Foiled his pay supplement system good and proper !!
But I will remember to not travel with full water tank in future as it takes me close to the upper limit.
Ta.
Mitch.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Is Spain becoming more and more inhospitable?

We seem to keep hearing such stories as well as the EBike issue. We intend to make a long term winter holiday in Spain as soon as family commitments allow, but there appear to be a few problems arising with Policing etc. there.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi Peter & Elaine,

Thanks for that info. Was the stop at the weighbridge pull-in on the right hand-side after Magallon? We often stop for a break there. (Just waiting for my MAM upgrade to 5,500kgs be approved by DVLA, after weighing at Totana in February and finding that we were only within our 5000kgs MAM when I was out of the van, getting weighbridge ticket!)

Norman

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, but with a high attrition rate on the roads they are clearly doing a sensible thing in checking for overweight vehicles. We ought to be applauding not mocking them.
Plenty weight checking going on in uk, probably more than Spain , just not reported.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

We seem to keep hearing such stories as well as the EBike issue. We intend to make a long term winter holiday in Spain as soon as family commitments allow, but there appear to be a few problems arising with Policing etc. there.

No problems in Spain with the police we've been going there for years and never had a problem, it's not my favourite country but Jan loves it.
Can't see why the police are being criticised for doing their job. No different to the UK if you got pulled for being overweight you'd expect a hefty fine.
Everyone is so paranoid about being under 3500kgs but still expect to carry loads of stuff, you can't have it both ways if you insist on being under 3500kgs just take less stuff.
We upgraded our van from 4250kgs to 5000kgs because we take loads of crap with us and I still regularly take it to the local weighbridge and check the weight.
Don't blame the Spanish police.
Look in the mirror.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

I think the problem is the EU Spanish roads gravy train is drying up.......meanwhile in Portugal the EU gravy train this year seems to be for traffic lights....so you can admire the bomb craters in the roads whilst waiting for non existent traffic to pass you by (y) UK taxpayers money well spent I say:whistle:

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
At a guess it would be about here
Dropped pin
near Magallón, Zaragoza, Spain
https://goo.gl/maps/WLvLwhoytdA2

I ain't knocking the copper just doing their jobs it was just funny watching his face drop
And to be fair if you see some of the vans in France and down here they must be well overloaded an it makes you wonder how many have correct licence for over 3.5 ton

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think the problem is the EU Spanish roads gravy train is drying up.......meanwhile in Portugal the EU gravy train this year seems to be for traffic lights....so you can admire the bomb craters in the roads whilst waiting for non existent traffic to pass you by (y) UK taxpayers money well spent I say:whistle:
A lot of the lights in Portugal are speed restricters, which I think is a brilliant idea , if they pick you up speeding the lights go red and stop you much better than letting you carry on and then have a £80fine through the post

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
A lot of the lights in Portugal are speed restricters, which I think is a brilliant idea , if they pick you up speeding the lights go red and stop you much better than letting you carry on and then have a £80fine through the post
I was thankful, believe you me, so I had an excuse to stop and only had to crawl down some of those donkey tracks with the dangerous raised drain covers and potholes (y) the roads outside the towns and cities were even worse ;)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
No, but with a high attrition rate on the roads they are clearly doing a sensible thing in checking for overweight vehicles. We ought to be applauding not mocking them.
I was not mocking them.

I was asking a serious question.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think the problem is the EU Spanish roads gravy train is drying up.......
Don't think so, driving back through Spain a few days ago couldn't believe the number of new roads under construction and they appeared to be replacing roads that hardly carry any traffic you could play spot the car on them.:)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Don't think so, driving back through Spain a few days ago couldn't believe the number of new roads under construction and they appeared to be replacing roads that hardly carry any traffic you could play spot the car on them.:)
Yes I saw a few of those but they are a few grand projects compared to what was, in Span (certainlt rhe last time I drove there). I drove past at least one huge abandoned major grand project in Portugal, that had parts of the infrastructure put in like the drainage and some bridges then was clearly abandoned for years as weeds had grown over all that infrastructure and it was coveted in graffiti. But Spain is much richer so they can supplement the EU gravy with their own sauce!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

A drop in the Ocean,,,think about how many are prosecuted in the rest of Europe inc UK....no worries and to make it less of a worry be LEGAL,,its that simple...BUSBY:):)

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

Give me a choice errrree uk or Spain
Even though yarkshire is gods country south euorpe every time even France

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back