Factory fitted Satnav Peugeot Boxer 2015 (1 Viewer)

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
I have a 2015 Majestic 125 which is a Marquis dealer special made by Elddis, they call it an Accordo. It is fitted with a Tomtom Satnav and I have recently "cracked" how to do the updates. Peugeot or Marquis were not a lot of help whatsoever!!
The first bit is easy have an 8Gb memory stick to hand and plug it in to the USB socket in the drop down locker under the radio, satnav screen. On the tomtom screen choose "updates etc" it will tell you you need an 8Gb stick and do you want to proceed, yes. The tomtom will write a couple of files onto the memory stick so that "tomtomhome" software will know the model etc.
Put the stick into your PC USB socket and phone tomtom support in Amsterdam, it's a UK call and the guys are very helpful. You then download tomtomhome software and you can now register the Peugeot fitted device with tomtom. You can only have one device per email address so I had to delete an old tomtom I owned. The support guy will talk you through the selection of the updates and at this stage it is free, I'm not sure if it will be in the future? It takes about 30-40 minutes to download and you may need to switch off your PC security as they are very large files, my Bullguard needs to be switched off. It will take its course and finally you can remove the memory stick. You now have tomtomhome on your PC so next time it will be easy just login with email and password, that's for the future.
Now to do the update, have the engine running and the Satnav switched on but no route planned, plug in the memory stick and the device will ask you if you want to do the update, yes is the answer. Let it run, mine took about 40 minutes, then it will tell you all is updated. You need to have the engine running or ignition on first click, I think it's preferably to do it when you are driving as it seems daft to have the engine idling just to keep the voltage up. The Peugeot dealer told me they switch the ignition to first click and put a battery charger on the starting battery!! I think my way works fine driving along, as long as you don't need your satnav. It's a bit of a job but that's how to do it, and the device is now on tomtom's books registered to you. Tomtom phone number is 020 79490129, good luck!

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Except you don't need to phone Tomtom at all because when you have installed tomtomhome and plugged in the USB stick it automatically registers the satnav to you and then tells you that there is an update available. When I first got my van there were no updates but when I checked recently after about six months of ownership there was one. Slightly worrying that the map update is 2014! although this is better than the one installed originally which was 2013.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Hi Poohbear, I only phoned Tomtom to get help with their website, and it did help me. Next time is will be easy, don't know if they will charge, this time it was free. My old Tomtom has free updates but I knew that when I purchased. This is an unknown quantity.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
You apparently only get one free update with the built in system

van Gogh

Free Member
Jan 28, 2017
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Clankie
I have a Majestic 125 as well, its a 2016 had a few niggles with it but overall very happy with it. I am just booking it in to Marquis to get them sorted out. The main problem is the habitation door lock/latch The sales guy said we have to push the center of the door itself bedside the lock then try and open the door. Seems a bit iffy but if we dont do it we cant open the door. My wife cant do it at all and as you can imagine when your carrying stuff and its pouring down its awkward as you have to put the stuff down to open the door.

As you have had your for a bit longer do you have any tips or alterations you have done. I was thinking or getting a driveway awning and maybe a refillable gas bottle. I dont like where the tv bracket is but its not big problem.
Thanks for the sat nav info - I found it while looking to see what model Sat nav was in the boxer dash. I was wondering if the setting could be changed to avoid narrow lanes as we have had a couple of white knuckle drives! My wife wont read a map or even follow written instructions (gives her a migraine)--So i rely on the sat nav...bit of a cop out I know.

Mal

I have a 2015 Majestic 125 which is a Marquis dealer special made by Elddis, they call it an Accordo. It is fitted with a Tomtom Satnav and I have recently "cracked" how to do the updates. Peugeot or Marquis were not a lot of help whatsoever!!
The first bit is easy have an 8Gb memory stick to hand and plug it in to the USB socket in the drop down locker under the radio, satnav screen. On the tomtom screen choose "updates etc" it will tell you you need an 8Gb stick and do you want to proceed, yes. The tomtom will write a couple of files onto the memory stick so that "tomtomhome" software will know the model etc.
Put the stick into your PC USB socket and phone tomtom support in Amsterdam, it's a UK call and the guys are very helpful. You then download tomtomhome software and you can now register the Peugeot fitted device with tomtom. You can only have one device per email address so I had to delete an old tomtom I owned. The support guy will talk you through the selection of the updates and at this stage it is free, I'm not sure if it will be in the future? It takes about 30-40 minutes to download and you may need to switch off your PC security as they are very large files, my Bullguard needs to be switched off. It will take its course and finally you can remove the memory stick. You now have tomtomhome on your PC so next time it will be easy just login with email and password, that's for the future.
Now to do the update, have the engine running and the Satnav switched on but no route planned, plug in the memory stick and the device will ask you if you want to do the update, yes is the answer. Let it run, mine took about 40 minutes, then it will tell you all is updated. You need to have the engine running or ignition on first click, I think it's preferably to do it when you are driving as it seems daft to have the engine idling just to keep the voltage up. The Peugeot dealer told me they switch the ignition to first click and put a battery charger on the starting battery!! I think my way works fine driving along, as long as you don't need your satnav. It's a bit of a job but that's how to do it, and the device is now on tomtom's books registered to you. Tomtom phone number is 020 79490129, good luck!

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Hi Mal (VG),
Nice to hear from another 125 owner, I have lots to tell you but where do I start!! Let's start with wife getting into van, my wife has similar problems, you need two hands, so put shopping and wine bottle on the deck! Now put one hand flat over keyhole area and lean on it, now with other hand pull handle towards you, it should work, left or right handed. Ruffy tuffy guys can put a thumb on the keyhole and pull the lever with one hand, still holding bottle of wine in other, only joking. Assuming you have unlocked the door!!
As for tv bracket they must be joking at Elddis!! We purchased a new bracket from Eddie at Vanbitz in Taunton, look at his website. Ours is just above the head rests of the passenger seats. We then sit on the proper seats looking aft with our feet on the the little settee. We had to put in another 12v supply near the little spot light in the corner, but the dealer would do that for you. Or maybe you could? You can swing the tv, ours an Avtex out to get into the cupboard when required.
We are near Gibraltar now and about to watch a movie from my iPhone onto the Avtex, keep asking questions, more than happy to help. :))
Mike (Clankie)

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Sorry I didn't see your question I think you placed it on Saturday, it's a long time ago when I did the bit on the Satnav, I have more data on that as well. It was driving me crazy till I found out you can't use certain aspects if you a moving, its to stop the driver keying in destinations, similar to texting on a phone. I thought there was a fault on my instrument, the dealers don't know and actually can't help, it took me ages to find the answer. If you purchase a tomtom from Halfords you can type away to your hearts content, not a great idea when you are driving but the factory fitted satnavs have this block on them, no typing on the move. You can navigate to home for instance but if you are trying to go to Birkenhead for example, find a lay-by and then it will work. I will look for the link, it's actually a Fiat support paper, Fiat are the people who support the factory fitted satnavs even in a Peugeot Boxer!! Can you believe it. Marquis don't know that, I've proved that. More later.
Regards
Clankie

OP
OP
Clankie

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Hi Mal (VG)
I didn't actually post this info on the forum but I have looked it up..
Just in case a link doesn't work try it this way, google "PDF 2015 Uconnect 5.0 fiat radio book" it will bring you to the fiatusa.com website. Now I know this sound daft but it's the only instruction book available, page 58,59 tells that certain functions are switched off over 5mph, no one in Peugeot main dealer could tell me this, and forget Marquis, they don't want to get that close to the technical support. In the Peugeot hand book I have, section 10 is dedicated to the gadget as a whole, it doesn't call it a 5inch Uconnect device but that's what it is. Basically if you have put in HOME position or FAVORITES you can navigate to them when moving, but as I said you can't type BIRKENHEAD. It makes sense from a safety point of view, but the passenger could do it!!
As far as keeping off narrow lanes, I don't always believe what tomtom says, and still use a bit of common sense, I get tomtom to take me via places I've planned, i.e. I look at the map before I go somewhere but still use tomtom to take me to final destination. I always use latitude and longitude positions but I won't go there at the moment.
Tomtom do NOT support there own device and I think that's very poor!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back