LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
i left Lincolnshire yesterday and drove down to Taunton and Eddie Van Bitz to have the growler system fitted, after the long motorway drive i arrived at his campsite ,the site has a warden and the guy showed me to my pitch.The site is well presented ,the toilet blocks are well kept and it has a relaxed atmosphere about the place ,the pitches are hard standing and level.
So it was my oportunity to start playing with my new toy ,i manoevered onto my pitch and began rummaging around for my power cable which i then used to hook up to the electrical point ,once that was done,i got out the remote and pressed the button for the auto levelling system ,this worked a treat,i followed up with filling the tanks, and this lead on to tackling the control panel and the Alde heating system after fishing out the kettle and the panic at not being able to track down the box of Yorkshire tea bags ,subsided upon their being discovered at the bottom of a box,however we forgot to pack a spoon,screwdrivers have their uses in moments like that.
Its all been one big exciting learning curve ,the list of things that are required grows by the minute,guess the traders at the Peterborough show will be seeing me.
Ill be off to eddies workshop shortly,oh yes the awning with the 220v motor is a good idea,the thing worked at treat(y)

campingateddies.jpg
eddies sheep.jpg

I thought id add a photo of @eddievanbitz Hareem, guess theres a bit of a welsh man in there somewhere:)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Oh and don't forget your Funsters code(y)

I saw you on the road last night trying to work out if my back gate was the first entrance over the bridge or the second lol

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I think you should change the name from vanbitz to "Jones the van " bud

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Looks magnificent on the site ! A lovely van!lol all that money and none left for spoons!! Or are you saving for the gold ones!!:LOL:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
She's a Cracker, mine is a year old now and on our first trip out we didn't have a cork screw, now for a funster THAT is one of the Deadly Sins.

Have Fun, hope you have some ear plugs when he demonstrates the Growler. (y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I see the levellers lift the van right off the ground.! I'll need another step up to the van, You better make sure @eddievanbitz hasn't scrimped on good foundations....

Ohh and it would be hilarious to watch you trying to drive off with them down.....:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I see the levellers lift the van right off the ground.! I'll need another step up to the van, You better make sure @eddievanbitz hasn't scrimped on good foundations....

Ohh and it would be hilarious to watch you trying to drive off with them down.....:ROFLMAO::LOL:
I noticed that. I never realised they lifted the van so high before. You'd have to be on solid ground or they'd stick in the ground wouldn't they ?
Enjoy your first break in your lovely new van.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Enjoy your lovely new Van,only difference between yours and mine is,yours is CLEAN and 8 years YOUNGER.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Lovely van thanks for photo, we're down there in a few weeks. If Eddie reading this, how clean do you need van as we're travelling for the week down.:D

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Nice van.....if your pitch ever floods you will be fine (y)

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
I see some gypsy have jacked your van up ready to nick your wheels after they have gassed you while you are sleeping.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner

Fortunately you can't ,the thing beeps at you and will not start,same goes for a lot of other stuff such as the doors

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back