Apr 10, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Not Yet
Exp
New
Hi All

I have been browsing vans for the past few months and spent lots of time on this forum.

I am now finally ready to start seriously looking and I am getting a bit panicky about 'damp' vans.

I seem to be mainly looking at Chausson, Euramobil and Benimar vans, for no reason other than the layouts seem to work best (rear bunks/fixed bed and front diner preferably with swivel seats, overcab bed).

I will of course get a hab check on my preferred van once I have had an offer accepted, but is there anything else I should look out for? Are these 'decent' makes?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Rear bunks that suggests 6 berth? If so then be very careful about weights. If the van is plated at 3500kg take it with a very large pinch of salt and make the seller take it to a weigh bridge before you commit to anything. If it's plated at more than that then make sure you have the correct (C1 or C1E) licence entitlements.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have the sunlight A 72 which is 6 berth with rear bunks. It has two dinettes with 1 x 4 and a small x 2 and an over cab bed for us. It was plated at 3500 and i up graded to 3800 as I know I am twice the given 75 kg as the driver and I have two heavy Labradors which use the bottom bunk as their area. The weight recorded by dethleff is 3050 and is correct. I haven't weighed with full running gear yet but I don't think I will be over the 3850. As mentioned above do check the plated weight as some I have heard of are not recorded correctly.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Definitely check the plated weight, it should be on a sticker inside the drivers door (converters plate) if 3,500kg or less on a 6 berth that will give almost no payload.
As for damp, you will be able to smell it, even if they have tried to cover it up with fabreeze (other odour neutralizers are available).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back