Circuit des Remparts d'Angoulême (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Hello All,
Has anyone been to this event? We're hoping to get there this September and would appreciate any info about where to stay etc. Also practical info on the event itself would be helpful as the official site just seems to have 'brochure blurb' and the opportunity to buy tickets.

Cheers
Chris

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm hoping to go to the event next year. But I'm passing through there this coming May to hopefully determine what aire(s) would be suitable with regards to getting into the city without moving the van. Although probably late for your requirements I'll report back when I've had a reconnoitre.

OP
OP
Vick
May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Thanks @yodeli useful info, especially the aires. I'm just having a look now to see if there is any transport into town from the aires.
Actually @Taran_Las we're not leaving the Uk until 31st Aug so anything you pick up will be interesting. I can't imagine an event like this in France where they would not cater for motorhomers. The problem is finding out about the extra provision (if any).

Cheers
Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Thanks @yodeli useful info, especially the aires. I'm just having a look now to see if there is any transport into town from the aires.
Actually @Taran_Las we're not leaving the Uk until 31st Aug so anything you pick up will be interesting. I can't imagine an event like this in France where they would not cater for motorhomers. The problem is finding out about the extra provision (if any).

Cheers
Chris

They will probably add transports when time comes. But I could ring them to know what their plan is. What do you think?

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Went there last year and really enjoyed it.

There's a great atmosphere in the town, and you can wander freely in the pits and get a close up view of the cars.

Many great spots around the town to watch the cars race.

Parking is quite difficult, you tend to park lower down so it's a bit of a climb to where the action is.

Can't help with where to stay as we rented a house in St Claud (about 25 miles away)

Andrew

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Fantastic day out,,,you need to buy tickets or you will not see a thing,,,Lots of classic cars parked up all over town..We were lucky as we got a lift in with a couple of tuggers but parking was no problem,,,BUSBY.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Cheers
Chris

This is my mission as I'd like to see the racing there myself. Hopefully I can speak to someone (e.g Tourist information, local police and any other unsuspecting souls I'm able to accost;)) to get some informed opinions. My first stop will be the Aire at Nersac.

Watch this space.
:cool:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We were there about 3 years ago, cracking weekend for anybody remotely interested in cars.

We stayed on the camping. They have an Aire that you can book as its all part of the municipal camp site. We went into the town by bike as it not that far.

I think we paid €25 each for tickets and that entitles you to walk around the pits on the Saturday and then get in to the racing on the Sunday.

On the Saturday a huge variety of cars go for a drive around the countryside and lunch and then parade back into the town in the afternoon, Lambo's, Lancia integrates Delta 2's, Blower Bentley, E-type Jags, Lotus 25 etc etc etc, then the Sunday is practise in the morning and racing in the afternoon, everything in different classes from Bugatti's to Audi short wheelbase quattro's.

You will enjoy.

Martin

OP
OP
Vick
May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
They will probably add transports when time comes. But I could ring them to know what their plan is. What do you think?

That is very kind of you to offer @yodeli but I doubt if they know themselves yet.

Cheers
Chris

OP
OP
Vick
May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
This is my mission as I'd like to see the racing there myself. Hopefully I can speak to someone (e.g Tourist information, local police and any other unsuspecting souls I'm able to accost;)) to get some informed opinions. My first stop will be the Aire at Nersac.

Watch this space.
:cool:

I am watching that space! It's good to have a man in the field.
Cheers
Chris

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
How far is 'not far' Martin?

edit - just worked it out approx 7kilometers.

There's also a bus stop 391m away.(y)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
That is very kind of you to offer @yodeli but I doubt if they know themselves yet.

Cheers
Chris
They must know as it is a yearly event . So they know where the system has failed before!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
They must know as it is a yearly event . So they know where the system has failed before!

That's exactly what I was thinking. The parking, transport , road closures etc.. will already be planned

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Other than closing the roads for the racing and putting up ARMCO barriers, which happens over the Saturday night I am not aware of any extra planning for parking or busing people in, there were quite a few people there but it wasn't massively busy.

Martin

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Other than closing the roads for the racing and putting up ARMCO barriers, which happens over the Saturday night I am not aware of any extra planning for parking or busing people in, there were quite a few people there but it wasn't massively busy.

Martin

That was my impression also Martin.

Certainly there was no problem getting a coffee or beer in the cafes , and the street vendors only had moderate queues

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back