Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We have been looking to change the motorhome for a while now and after lots of visits to local dealerships we called into Chelston today, as they have a weekend sale on, and have put the deposit down a ex demo Bessacarr E442, the layout gives us a better space for us and the dogs and it is the layout we've been searching for, I know it's another Swift product and people will frown but it ticks all of the boxes for us which is all that matters. I've got to say we've looked at all of the manufacturers and I've been very impressed with the Bessacarr range, seems like a decent product for the price, so we now have the 3 week wait for collection but we'll be all set for our 2 week trip to Scotland in June, can't wait!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think there are good & bad in every type so if it suits your needs then lots of happy times ahead (y) :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sounds great(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes there will be comments because it's part of the Swift group.

Perhaps we should all get together and complain about the "Swift-ism" displayed on this Forum. (Only God knows how the owners of Autotrails feel.)!

We Swift group owners are becoming a persecuted section of the MHF community.:mad:

However, come the revolution.........:):whistle:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
At the end of the day it's your money, you have earned it, you buy what you like. If we all liked the same it would be a boring world out there. I have seen ÂŁ1000 campers I love, and at the other end of the scale ÂŁ500,000 campers I would not entertain. Happy travels. (y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
If its what suits you , that is all that matters, everyone has different needs, we like space and room to stretch out, which is why i went for an older A class with the room we need , rather than a newer unit that was higher spec , but less roomy... to be honest i couldnt tell one make from another as far as 'what to buy ' goes, as long as you are happy with what you got for what you paid, its all good

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Each person has their own choice of motorhome for whatever reason and I too think criticising makes of vans for the sake of it is derogatory . I am happy for everyone when they choose a new for them van whatever the make as they are happy and excited .

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

Perhaps we should all get together and complain about the "Swift-ism" displayed on this Forum. (Only God knows how the owners of Autotrails feel.)!

We Swift group owners are becoming a persecuted section of the MHF community.:mad:

I don't take any notice of other Funsters vans, more interested in the people who own them.... unless the van is owned by @Popeye - now that van is one that we should aspire to, not own, but get an invitation into, the cupboards it has to hold liquor are a joy to behold..... ;)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I don't take any notice of other Funsters vans, more interested in the people who own them.... unless the van is owned by @Popeye - now that van is one that we should aspire to, not own, but get an invitation into, the cupboards it has to hold liquor are a joy to behold..... ;)
But @Popeye doesn't have crystal glasses

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Nice one! IMHO all Bessies look lovely.

I've just looked at the first one that came up when I Googled it, a new unreg 2015 one at Morans in Ludlow, just to have a look LOL and I have a question - the two facing settees that make up into the bed appear to be split with separate cushions up the hab door end. Why?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... the two facing settees that make up into the bed appear to be split with separate cushions up the hab door end. Why?
I suspect its so that when you make it up into a transverse double bed you don't have massive bases to pull out, just sufficient to make a good sized double - you can see where the support legs are in this picture:

DSCF7056.jpg

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp

Could not agree more. As a new Autotrail Tribute owner after a very good 7yr owner of a Swift Escape as they say you pays yer money. And all the very best to those that can afford the high end of this wonderful experience we all LOVE.
Ray

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks @Minxy Girl - I expect you are entirely correct! Considering that - ours was kinda the same but a rear L shaped lounge so when you pulled the bed support out from the rear settee, it formed the width of the bed, thus leaving a comfy seat for the husband to drink his tea, which he'd arisen and prepared for milady.

I'd bet the removable bit of the floor lifts to reveal the large screw top to thus access the fresh water tank beneath the floor, should one wish to without needing to expose one's delicate form to inclement outside weather - or nekkid as a Jaybird on a caravan club site - for some reason which we never really worked out!

To soak one foot at a time? To facilitate making that tea if the taps are frozen?

Answers on a postcard .....

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
But @Popeye doesn't have crystal glasses

Of course I have crystal glasses, what on earth do you think we quaff our Lambrini and Blue Nun from?

that van is one that we should aspire to, not own, but get an invitation into,

Isn't that what they call Cupboard Love?. So where have you decided to go next week-end now then Ger?

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Of course I have crystal glasses, what on earth do you think we quaff our Lambrini and Blue Nun from?

Isn't that what they call Cupboard Love?. So where have you decided to go next week-end now then Ger?
They're plastic

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I only get the plastic ones out when the inebriates call, you remember surely!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I only get the plastic ones out when the inebriates call, you remember surely!
I will drink gin out of plaggy glasses Griff( or if not the bottle)!:LOL::sneaky:

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
I'd bet the removable bit of the floor lifts to reveal the large screw top to thus access the fresh water tank beneath the floor,

Yes, and there's also quite a reasonable storage space there too BUT, if you push anything in tie a string to it and keep the end of the string trapped in the lid.

We had a Bessacarr for 7 years with just such storage/ access to water tank and, when we came to sell it we discovered several bottles of fresh water under there which we'd bought as emergency supplies for Morocco. The space is almost as long as the floor area and they'd rolled right to the end so it was impossible to get them out as the space is also not very deep. It's big enough for shoes, books etc ( put them in bags and tie string to the handle!) but we had to measure the water bottles before we bought them to make sure they went in.

Enjoy your new van

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Trouble is, that is all you do with the liquor cupboards - behold them..........helped by the triple time lock on the doors........;)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yes, and there's also quite a reasonable storage space there too BUT, if you push anything in tie a string to it and keep the end of the string trapped in the lid.

We had a Bessacarr for 7 years with just such storage/ access to water tank and, when we came to sell it we discovered several bottles of fresh water under there which we'd bought as emergency supplies for Morocco. The space is almost as long as the floor area and they'd rolled right to the end so it was impossible to get them out as the space is also not very deep. It's big enough for shoes, books etc ( put them in bags and tie string to the handle!) but we had to measure the water bottles before we bought them to make sure they went in.

Enjoy your new van

Ah - under our 'hatch' other than the water tank, there was tarmac when we were driving, grass when we were parked on grass, etc ......

It didn't have a double floor !

But there again, sometimes I'll hunt through our house cos I can't find whatever - and months later, find whatever it is somewhere in the van - Aaaah - I was looking for that! - so it's a blooming good job ours was single floor !

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Trouble is, that is all you do with the liquor cupboards - behold them..........helped by the triple time lock on the doors........

My dear Dux, Jealousy or envy is one of the seven deadly sins.
Some funsters may wonder: 'What does the Bible say about overcoming jealousy?'

Let us explore the answer to this pressing question. In order for the Dux to battle jealousy, the root causes must be discerned. Jealousy typically grows out of insecurity, fear, deception, or covetousness. The Bible addresses these roots of jealousy several times. Sipping single Malt from cut glass alone will not achieve this.

Come along any Sunday morning my son for more guidance.....(and a plastic beaker)......Brother Griff

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Congratulations on your new motorhome.
There is good & bad in all makes.
enjoy

Mel & Lieve

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
dear Dux, Jealousy or envy is one of the seven deadly sins.
Some funsters may wonder: 'What does the Bible say about overcoming jealousy?'

Let us explore the answer to this pressing question. In order for the Dux to battle jealousy, the root causes must be discerned. Jealousy typically grows out of insecurity, fear, deception, or covetousness. The Bible addresses these roots of jealousy several times. Sipping single Malt from cut glass alone will not achieve this.

Come along any Sunday morning my son for more guidance.....(and a plastic beaker)......Brother Griff
.....but you kind and generous offer to pour me a large malt will no doubt help....... ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back