Insurance cover for new purchase -Mould within 4weeks?? (1 Viewer)

Loopy from Oz

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
france
Funster No
MH
Rimor SKY 51
Exp
since march 2016
Hi all
we are totally new to MH & have purchased a 2nd hand french motorhome. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas/ info on our recourse having only driven the van for 4weeks to discover a roof leak & excessive mould….?
(It rained the almost the entire first 3 weeks from when we collected the van)
Do we have any returns/ exchange stance with the sales company or would our French insurance cover…?? we are so disappointed as I know mould will just reappear every time we have wet weather.
any advice is greatly appreciated. cheers

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
I can't imagine that an insurance company would be remotely interested, but did the vehicle come with any kind of warranty ?

OP
OP
L

Loopy from Oz

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
france
Funster No
MH
Rimor SKY 51
Exp
since march 2016
Im actually not sure…. all the paperwork is in French… I am awaiting a reply email from the company at present.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
French law may be different to english law, but here in the uk the selling dealer is usually responsible for making good existing faults.

If bought privately then very little recourse except good will on the sellers part or action via the small claims courts.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thing is as long as your are not a member you can't use the "private messaging" function.
As soon as you have paid your membership (see upper toolbar subscribe) you will be able to send me a copy of the French papers if you wish so. I will then be able to tell you what you can do.

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi all
we are totally new to MH & have purchased a 2nd hand french motorhome. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas/ info on our recourse having only driven the van for 4weeks to discover a roof leak & excessive mould….?
(It rained the almost the entire first 3 weeks from when we collected the van)
Do we have any returns/ exchange stance with the sales company or would our French insurance cover…?? we are so disappointed as I know mould will just reappear every time we have wet weather.
any advice is greatly appreciated. cheers

You should have a warranty paper coming with the selling, unless private ! Do take pics. You need evidences.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You say it was from a 'sales company' .. so my first course of action would be to go back to them and show them the problem..

as Frankie said.. take pics to show the mould and damp. A picture is better than a 1,000 words.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
French law may be different to english law, but here in the uk the selling dealer is usually responsible for making good existing faults.

If bought privately then very little recourse except good will on the sellers part or action via the small claims courts.

Same here PPJ !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Where is the mould? It shouldn't just appear so quickly but it might reappear having been a long standing problem. Alarm bells are ringing in my head that you might have a vehicle with a long standing damp problem and this might mean serious trouble.

OP
OP
L

Loopy from Oz

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
france
Funster No
MH
Rimor SKY 51
Exp
since march 2016
thank you all. the van is still under the manufacturer's 'body" warranty so we will just have to wait and see what the "damp test" results are….. reading some older posts on similar topics does have me aware that a damp test may not always be a definitive answer..fingers crossed for all good outcomes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back