Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Just moved my van and the nieghbour has splatterd it with dark green fence paint good job he is out at mome

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
see if it comes off before he gets home, no point hitting him too hard if it is water based and comes off with little effort

that would be me, shout, then find out it comes off with a wash from a hose

hopefully he didn't actually do it, had someone in to do the job, doesn't make it any easier on you but might let him off a little and you can thump his contractor not him :)

you have my sympathy, really annoying to be damaged by someone elses clumsiness :mad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A similar thing happened with a car we had several years ago. Luckily it wasn't too bad and did come off OK. It was a panel fence and the neighbour had no idea that anything was coming through (or that there was even a risk that it might happen).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Even if water based get it off ASAP. I have found that it can be one of the most difficult things to remove from a van.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
The bonnet of my car got splattered with water based fence paint, and I didn't discover it for a few days. It has dried solid and won't come off. The only solution a local body shop can offer is to wet and dry the whole bonnet, and then slowly restore to original finish. Good luck with your MH - hope it is not too dry.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Bummer! Hope his house insurance covers it.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I remember friends of ours, small boy who painted next door neighbours car when he went in for dinner and left paint and brush out ! half way through fence painting, cost a few quid to put right:rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
First house we had the neighbour painted the picket fence green & my blue car.:mad: He moved shortly after.:LOL:

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Our neighbours once painted their house walls yellow but our black car was underneath so got spattered. Git it valeted and all came off and paid for by the neighbours.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
reminds me of an incident years ago
my dad owned and ran a building firm. on one of the job sites they were restoring a fire damaged building next to a synagogue. the building had been scaffolded to enable the outside repairs to be carried out and finally a repaint. anyway this one day towards the end of the job the walls were getting a coat of water based sandtex in white. 4 men on the scaffold were making good progress until suddenly out of nowhere the wind picked up and the rain started lashing horizontally onto the freshly painted wall. This caused the paint to run and drip between the planks. this happened just as the synagogue turned out and all these hasidic sp? jewish gentlemen came and stood outside waiting for the next bus. as you will probably realise they all had on long black coats and black hats with wide brims. it looked like a flock of birds had been roosting above and nearly everyone had been splattered. There were sign written boards all over the building, but not one single person rang the office to complain or ask to have their cleaning bill paid. always thought that was very odd

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
get it off asap once it drys it a LOT more of a job. i hope its not creosote

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
And breath
Well water didn't shift it but luckily IPA did used nearly a litre of it and several MF cloths. Then 2 polishes a wax and some last chance protection.
As I finished neighbour came home I expressed my disappointment he apologised all's good. A good few years ago I would still be fuming and would have got myself in a lot of trouble. Mind after all that hard work I was knackered.
Racing got canceled so now sitting at Hayling Ferry in the van for a cheeky freeloading night out

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our meeting is cancelled too...so hubby making a new gate and ordering fence panels that were damaged by storm Katie while we were away. Luckily no vans near our fence when they need painting. He hasn't raced for a few weeks tho so hoping for some better weather soon. Glad you got the van clean.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Our meeting is cancelled too...so hubby making a new gate and ordering fence panels that were damaged by storm Katie while we were away. Luckily no vans near our fence when they need painting. He hasn't raced for a few weeks tho so hoping for some better weather soon. Glad you got the van clean.
we have had a week of that too. just got to clear debris from neighbours garage roof from our garden. son in law here tuesday for heavy lifting

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
My friend just messaged me his meeting was canceled after he got there this evening and waiting to be towed of paddock

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Think he wsscat Grittenham Portsmouth club
Oops, fully booked I believe too. Luckily ours cancelled this morning and we could have ridden with Poole and Parkstone at Monkton Wyld near Lyme Regis but the forecast wasn't great so bottled it. Blooming weather. DIY it is then :(

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I just spent 30 minutes cleaning what appears to most of Wroxton off my drive.. and the boy only went to watch in his car , snow in April ??

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
And breath
Well water didn't shift it but luckily IPA did used nearly a litre of it and several MF cloths. Then 2 polishes a wax and some last chance protection.
As I finished neighbour came home I expressed my disappointment he apologised all's good. A good few years ago I would still be fuming and would have got myself in a lot of trouble. Mind after all that hard work I was knackered.
Racing got canceled so now sitting at Hayling Ferry in the van for a cheeky freeloading night out

It came off with beer :eek:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Why worry about a bit of paint.. THE REAL PROBLEM is metal grindings from an angle grinder 20 yards away the metal cuttings burn into windscreens, paintwork, plastic parts etc then they all go rusty muck up everything. You could write off a car with doing that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back