Santander to Southern Portugal (1 Viewer)

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Setting off on Friday August Bank Holiday in the motorhome, ferry to Santander and then driving to Southern Portugal , one stop on the way down , two on the way back . 14 days in total on the continent .
Any recommendations for stopovers and / or final destination in Southern Portugal , cheers in advance.
Due to time limits we will be using motorways mainly.

Deleted User
Caceres....good site with restaurant and an aire in the town.

Eastern Algarve would be my preference ( cos that's where I am :) ) not spoilt like the middle bit and nearer if travelling via Seville which is the easiest and quickest route..

Return journey stop at one of the 2 aires in Seville, only 2hrs from Tavira, and have time to see the city. 2nd stop could be Plasencia, Camping Monfrague, or Caceres again, or Salamanca, there is a site very near to the motorway whose name escapes me at the moment but is used by a lot of overwinterers en route to Santander.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Setting off on Friday August Bank Holiday in the motorhome, ferry to Santander and then driving to Southern Portugal , one stop on the way down , two on the way back . 14 days in total on the continent .
Any recommendations for stopovers and / or final destination in Southern Portugal , cheers in advance.
Due to time limits we will be using motorways mainly.
Good plan, the main coast non toll road south of Porto down to the south is really crap in places so I would avoid that one at all costs.Campercontact no 29490 was the best free aire I stayed at in Portugal. But it's on the coast. Campercontact number 47546 at €6 was the best paid for site I stayed in Portugal nr Sintra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back