DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
While rummaging around on the internet I came across a solution (I hope) to something which has been slightly bothering me. My PC upgraded itself to Windows 10 but I have no Windows 10 DVD and if it all blows up, as Windows does from time to time in my experience, how was I going to re-install it? I know you can use Macrium Reflect but having a Windows 10 installation disk would be reassuring as a back stop.

It seems even Microsoft recognize this because you can download what you need here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You download the tool, which is a small file, then run it and it prompts you for what you want. I went for the disk option. It does warn you against running this on a Windows 10 PC as it says it overwrites temporary files which will prevent you reverting back to your old OS. However, I think after a time you can't revert so I've run it on my W10 PC anyway.

The ISO file then has to be burned to a PC and can be used to install Windows 10 on another PC or re-install if say you needed to fit a new HD.

Not sure about licence keys, I only have the one for W7 I had before. Ho Hum, I will find out if that is a problem if and when I come to re-install it!

?

Deleted User
You have been able to download that since 10 came out mate and the trial ones before it came out. As for your key i have just re installed 10 on both my laptops as i just did the update before. It excepted my Win 7 and 8.1 key to allow installation so i would just scribble that down safe keeping if you dont know it.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I heard that if that disc is played backwards you can hear Devil type music and satanic wailing, along with a smell of Incense
and most of your friends will die within a week
Even Worse
If you play it forwards it will instal Window 10:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
You have been able to download that since 10 came out mate and the trial ones before it came out. As for your key i have just re installed 10 on both my laptops as i just did the update before. It excepted my Win 7 and 8.1 key to allow installation so i would just scribble that down safe keeping if you dont know it.

^^ That was ment to end with....

If you dont know it give me a shout as i have a little app you run and it gives you your Windows and Office keys and a few others. Ill upload it if anyone needs it.

Reactions: DBK

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
right click on "this pc" then click "properties" and the key is shown!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back