LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Lets just say Im apalled! Do you wave to fellow mhers you overtake? We were sitting in a queue today and past another mh. I waved and they did in return...great...Only problem is..we were moving 2mph . Mum didnt wave as we passed..why not? Oh they were driving and I didnt want to disturb them. Truth is she was embarrased as we were side by side...BLOODY LUDICROUS..but is that you?

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Yes,always wave but can't remember a time when overtaking. Mind you the best wave of all is when friends tell you to wave your part of the meal bill as we had only last weekend, great innit ?
Ray

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife waves to everyone she sees in a motorhome.

I am a bit more discerning and only wave to the British(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Yes, we always wave. However if it's not returned the wave quickly turns into
flipping-the-bird.gif

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My wife waves to everyone she sees in a motorhome.

I am a bit more discerning and only wave to the British(y)
I would have thought you wouldn't mention any kind of :sick: waves :sick: this week

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes we wave when in the M-h and, when on the motorbike, we always nod at oncoming bikers.

Most times gesture is returned but not always. If a M/h driver doesn't return the wave we don't bother about it as we sometimes don't spot a wave to us until too late.

Life's too short to worry about such things. Wave, smile and get on with enjoying yourselves.:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sandra, in this situation of slow moving 2 lanes of traffic, have you thought through how many times you would wave if you kept passing and repassing :)

I always try to wave at those overtaking us, but am sometimes amazed at the difference in speed, you would think they had stolen them, we tend to drive at around 58mph on motorways some must be doing best bit of 80 as they pass

as for the face on waving, I am probably around 50/50 but always wave in reply if seen, I don't really get the anti brigade with the abuse for no wave, presume it is tongue in cheek and not reality (y)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Sandra, in this situation of slow moving 2 lanes of traffic, have you thought through how many times you would wave if you kept passing and repassing :)

I always try to wave at those overtaking us, but am sometimes amazed at the difference in speed, you would think they had stolen them, we tend to drive at around 58mph on motorways some must be doing best bit of 80 as they pass

as for the face on waving, I am probably around 50/50 but always wave in reply if seen, I don't really get the anti brigade with the abuse for no wave, presume it is tongue in cheek and not reality (y)

Neither do I, but I don't think its tongue in cheek, I think perhaps they feel slighted in some way. However, I return a wave, sometimes, if convenient and it doesn't interfere with me concentrating on driving which is far more important to waving at someone I don't know and will probably never meet.

As for the two fingered salute or the finger, if I thought that would be the response should I not wave back because it was inconvenient or distracting I certainly wouldn't want to acknowledge them in the first place. Its nice to wave acknowledgement when able but I will be buggered before I spend my motorhome driving time worrying about whether I should wave and upsetting someone if I don't.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
We always wave, on dual carriageways we sometimes flash the head lights. On the bike I either wave or nod to an oncoming biker. The two finger wave I think is funny, it should mean nothing to an Englishman/Welshman even a Scotsman but it should be offensive to a Frenchman. The one finger wave tells me "great you have one finger" and you have not lost the two, so I give a thumbs up(y)(y).

Being an ex archer I know the two finger origins:cool: sad arnt I

Flook

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I always wave at on coming MHs and to confirm my onset of dementia I'm inclined to wave when driving the car too!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've noticed now we've got Pug , that we don't get waved at that often. Unless it's another PVC .
So we've stopped.
But sometimes we get a frantic wave and we return it , just as frantically !
:hi:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I'm a waver, when safe to do so. Passenger, usually John is meant to do the waving, but he is often asleep. Try to wave to PVCs, but that has led to me waving to , buses, whitevan man, and even a police van, wave when i am in the car too, but have a dark side sticker on window :whistle: need a smiley face for the other side :).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back