Importing a motorhome to Australia (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2013
On the road, Australia
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 664T
Exp
Since 2003
last year we exported our 2009 Burstner to Australia when we returned to live after 4 years of touring in Europe. There was limited information on this forum and the other one at the time. I have written a 4 page document on the process of shipping and getting it approved and registered (taxed) in Australia.

My membership expires in early May and I will not renew. Where should I post this information for others to refer to. There is no logical heading in Forums and I think it is a little too large for a forum post. If I upload a file what category should I put it in, this one?

Brian

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Maybe in the Resources section, top left under the Motorhome fun name..
I heard it was very difficult to get a van into Australia, so will make an interesting read..
Know that a few people have done New Zealand as thats a bit easier, also talk of a couple over there who seem to have set up a business based around helping others to do theirs. :)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
last year we exported our 2009 Burstner to Australia when we returned to live after 4 years of touring in Europe. There was limited information on this forum and the other one at the time. I have written a 4 page document on the process of shipping and getting it approved and registered (taxed) in Australia.

My membership expires in early May and I will not renew. Where should I post this information for others to refer to. There is no logical heading in Forums and I think it is a little too large for a forum post. If I upload a file what category should I put it in, this one?

Brian
That's something we would find very interesting thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe in the Resources section, top left under the Motorhome fun name..
I heard it was very difficult to get a van into Australia, so will make an interesting read..
Know that a few people have done New Zealand as thats a bit easier, also talk of a couple over there who seem to have set up a business based around helping others to do theirs. :)
Tonka do you have the details for that company in NZ please, looking to take our van back when we move back to NZ.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back