Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It was rather lumpy last night. All my family were throwing up and although I wasn't sick I couldn't even look at a beer.

Worst it has been for me in about 10 crossings.

Daughter says she doesn't want to do it again:(

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
It was rather lumpy last night. All my family were throwing up and although I wasn't sick I couldn't even look at a beer.

Worst it has been for me in about 10 crossings.

Daughter says she doesn't want to do it again:(
Should have gone to Skeggy. (y) If your going to be ill, then it should be rancid chip fat causing it, and not some Frog rowing boat. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We had a terrible one about 5 years ago Jans refused point blank to do that trip again, mind she was sick for a good 20 hours.
I'll be doing it a week Tuesday off to Jerez Motogp on the motorbike.
Hope its calmed down by then.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The English channel was bad when I did it and the Bay was calm!!!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Oh Please!... do you never give up!!??.... :reel:::bigsmile:
No. I get paid by Jim for the number of times I say 'Skeggy'. (y) Oh Please!, why don't you post more often? You get free wi-fi at Skeggy......:)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's a long time to be stuck on the boat if its bad. :sicker::sicker:. Our eldest refuses to use it after a 'bad' crossing a few years ago. Even though she was the only one who thought it was bad :).

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's a long time to be stuck on the boat if its bad. :sicker::sicker:. Our eldest refuses to use it after a 'bad' crossing a few years ago. Even though she was the only one who thought it was bad :).

That's true Jim.

I had to break it to Lucy at 4 pm yesterday that we wouldn't be getting off for about 21 hours.

The sea was angry ( really angry) for a good 12 hours.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
That's true Jim.

I had to break it to Lucy at 4 pm yesterday that we wouldn't be getting off for about 21 hours.

The sea was angry ( really angry) for a good 12 hours.
Hey Chris, you just ate a LARGE PIE or something?? You look a lot fatter tonight.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Gone back to the Welsh Toots.

The English just racially taunt him and punch him so I am standing up for him(y)
That's nice.........Couldn't really miss him though, even at midnight in a blackout and wearing a Lone Ranger mask........He is rather....PLUMP. :)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
My sympathies to Lucy. Stuck on a boat with no escape. :(

Reactions: f6c

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
You must have got on as we were getting off! It was a bit lumpy in Biscay and then flat calm in the channel. Our cabin was in the stern for the first time, much better except you have to put up with engine noise and vibration.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You must have got on as we were getting off! It was a bit lumpy in Biscay and then flat calm in the channel. Our cabin was in the stern for the first time, much better except you have to put up with engine noise and vibration.

We were right at the front unfortunately.

I felt a really bad father for not getting some sea sickness pills in advance.

My shipping forecast app was telling me that Biscay would be " rough, becoming very rough":doh:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're on it on the 20th having a bad crossing last time. Earlier in the year. I have bought some seasickness pills this time though and booked an inside cabin so hopefully it will be ok. I hope to sleep through it as it's a 21.30 pm ferry.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I use wrist bands and bits of plaster behind my ears to prevent sea sickness - it works for me.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I use wrist bands and bits of plaster behind my ears to prevent sea sickness - it works for me.
I bought my daughter some wrist bands from the onboard shop but it was too late:(

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I bought my daughter some wrist bands from the onboard shop but it was too late:(

Did they help at all? I found that they would work, even when I started feeling ill. I used to dive and was lent some while on board a boat off the G Barrier Reef. It was choppy and I'd be queasy when surfacing until someone passed me the bands and I'd put them on before leaving the water - they worked quickly. I even slept through a storm one night and found the crew and the other divers in the top deck looking green and shattered in the morning - they hadn't slept while I had had a great night.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Did they help at all? I found that they would work, even when I started feeling ill. I used to dive and was lent some while on board a boat off the G Barrier Reef. It was choppy and I'd be queasy when surfacing until someone passed me the bands and I'd put them on before leaving the water - they worked quickly. I even slept through a storm one night and found the crew and the other divers in the top deck looking green and shattered in the morning - they hadn't slept while I had had a great night.

I don't think they did help. The chap in the shop said they only really work if you put them on before you start feeling ill.

We will know next time ( if my daughter allows a next time).

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
i was doing all right in a force 10 storm in the North sea when the guy sat next to me who had been eating ice cream puked up over me ,that was it ,i had my head down the porcelean telephone calling for my uncle hughie ,that was the only time ive been sea sick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back