Schaudt EBL220, DT220 and LR1218 (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Today I have fitted a solar panel to our Burstner I685. It's wired into a Schaudt LR1218 solar regulator then into a Schaudt EBL220 electroblok which is controlled by a Schaudt DT220 control panel.

I know I have power going into and out of the regulator and also as far as the 15amp fuse on the electroblok so I'm assuming all is good. The problem I have is that the control panel is showing nothing regarding the installation and it's supposed to.
I have done a bit of research and it would appear I need to enable "the solar current" on the DT220 control panel which includes a pin number. I have no idea how to do this but I have done a search on here and there is a lot written about Schaudt products so I was hoping someone has already done this. Any thoughts folks?
cheers
Stewart

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I don't have the exact links to hand (using different computer) but if you Google 'Schaudt dt220 code' you'll find all the answers you need.

I can't remember the exact sequence, so won't attempt to explain it, I can say that it's only a five minute job (y)

*edit* Hymer code is 8251, might work for you...

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I believe each manufacturer has a different access code for the control,think mine is 1851 (Frankia) but as said once accessed it is a 5 minute job. Try emailing Udo Lang at Schaudt,I found him very helpful.
Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de

Just did a google search and found 2291 for a burstner 747

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I have a Dethleffs and these are the instructions:

Dt220 pin is 4520

While system is switched off (12 V off) press the buttons MENU and OK for at least five
seconds to enter the set-up menu.
The code number request appears (PIN: xxxx).
Press the OK button and the first digit flashes. Set the first code number by pressing the +
or – buttons, confirm by pressing OK, the second digit flashes, etc …
After confirming the forth code number by pressing the OK button, the first symbol of the
options which can be activated or deactivated appears flashing.
The flashing symbol can be selected on or off by pressing the + or – buttons (or
2ON/3ON/OFF with the Duo-/Triomatic gas pressure regulator system). Press the OK
button to confirm. The symbol stops flashing and by pressing the MENUE button the next
option can be selected.
To exit the set-up menu, press the 12V-button or simply wait for 30 seconds.

*Display of solar current is parameter number 4*

Regards David.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I have done a bit of research and it would appear I need to enable "the solar current" on the DT220 control panel which includes a pin number.
I've just had the same done to my Frankia with the same Electrblock, etc. albeit using an LRM1218 regulator. I can see that the solar panels are charging by looking at the control panel voltage and current. As I understand it, delving into the menu system with a PIN is only required if you want the little solar icon to show on the panel. I have not done this (don't know the PIN) but the solar is obviously working.

I got all necessary manuals and instruction books (in English) from Udo Lang, but he said I needed to get the PIN from my dealer.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
8251 for my hymer. Can see in out for my solar on panel.
Brownhills wouldn't give me code. Wanted me to travel 120 miles each way, but Google was my friend lol

OP
OP
dally
Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
I was on EHU at the time so batteries were showing vehicle battery 13.3v and habitation at 13.6v. I did remove from the mains to check but I could do with looking now for a comparison. Unfortunately, it's my first day back at work so I can't compare it till Tuesday.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I have a Schaudt LR1218 and a Schaudt IT991 control panel. If the batteries are fully charged nothing shows on the amp display even in full sun, but pressing the battery meter show around 14.0v so I know panels are putting a trickle charge in.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I've just had the same done to my Frankia with the same Electrblock, etc. albeit using an LRM1218 regulator. I can see that the solar panels are charging by looking at the control panel voltage and current. As I understand it, delving into the menu system with a PIN is only required if you want the little solar icon to show on the panel. I have not done this (don't know the PIN) but the solar is obviously working.

I got all necessary manuals and instruction books (in English) from Udo Lang, but he said I needed to get the PIN from my dealer.

SMC were very helpful and gave me my Frankia code for a EBL220 and a DT 220 B, it is 6181. I had also queried this direct with Frankia, they were initially reluctant to give it to me, but after a bit of discussion they did give me the code, the same one that SMC had given me. They did warn me to be careful with it though!

OP
OP
dally
Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
I emailed Schaudt. Got a prompt response but they say that they can't give the code out. (Not bothered because I now have it ) thanks to bigtree.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
As I understand it, delving into the menu system with a PIN is only required if you want the little solar icon to show on the panel. I have not done this (don't know the PIN) but the solar is obviously working.

SMC were very helpful and gave me my Frankia code for a EBL220 and a DT 220 B, it is 6181

I've just reprogrammed my DT220. Thanks to Whitebirdyman - the code for mine was 6181 as well. Enabling the solar icon also enabled an additional couple of entries in the menu. Cycling through the battery button sequence now additionally shows the solar charge going into the leisure batteries and (separately) the starter battery.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I've just reprogrammed my DT220. Thanks to Whitebirdyman - the code for mine was 6181 as well. Enabling the solar icon also enabled an additional couple of entries in the menu. Cycling through the battery button sequence now additionally shows the solar charge going into the leisure batteries and (separately) the starter battery.
So does the standard LRM1218 4 pin display cable plug directly into the Frankia panel?

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
So does the standard LRM1218 4 pin display cable plug directly into the Frankia panel?
The four pin cable (with only two pins wired) that came with the LRM1218 joins a port on the regulator to the BL9 socket on the EBL 220 Electroblock. (I pulled the fuse on the solar input before doing so (y)) Then go into the DT220 to do the reprogramming.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
The four pin cable (with only two pins wired) that came with the LRM1218 joins a port on the regulator to the BL9 socket on the EBL 220 Electroblock. (I pulled the fuse on the solar input before doing so (y)) Then go into the DT220 to do the reprogramming.
Ahh. Of course. Thanks. The solar data is then transmitted down the original Frankia cable to the Frankia panel. Provided its enabled. Planning on doing the same.

OP
OP
dally
Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Many thanks to dpsuk999 for the step by step guide. Followed it earlier today and got the icon turned on. 2 minutes it took. The Burstner code is 2291 so thanks to bigtree. Just got to reprogramme the KHV sat dome then I'm sorted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back