Francepassion.com is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

Vickytoms

Free Member
Apr 7, 2016
South wales
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily 35 conversion
Exp
Since 2015
hi all, I'm looking for a bit of info regarding France passion.com.

I found the website whilst starting our research for France, we hope to spend the six weeks school holidays there as I work in a school, and it states that if we order it for €29 then we will have access to free 24h sites.

Has anyone tried this? I'm looking to keep the cost of the holiday as low as possible at the moment so I thought a few free nights here and there may be good!

Thanks very much

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have bought the France Passion book a few times, it is mainly vineyards, farms and other producers (cider, bakeries etc). They are just for 24 hours and often have no facilities ( grey waste, ehu, toilet disposal ). We have used them in addition to the aires that are in France or campsites, campercontact app is also worth buying.
The facilities offered on France Passion are varied, you may get there and discover you dont like it ( car park with barking guard dog was one we avoided) or end up staying in a beautiful vineyard.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

Vickytoms

Free Member
Apr 7, 2016
South wales
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily 35 conversion
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I sound silly but what are "Aires" in French campsites? Is there anything else you could recommend to me? Thanks very much

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi, Aires are not campsites. They are places where you can stay over for a day or two. Usually they have water, grey waste disposal and somewhere to empty the cassette. They vary in price from free to a few euros. They are shown on campercontact. There is book called all the Aires from vicarious books. This has a lot of the Aires but not all of them in it. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
It might be worth paying to join us here and then make use of all the knowledge open as a subscriber.:)

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you havnt motohomed in France before France passion is worth every penny, but once you get used to Aires it's not so essential, France passion is free stopovers, on shops ,vineyards , farms , and all manner of places, but you get the full flavour of France by way of these places in spots you would otherwise miss, and get to meet real French people, they do want to sell you stuff but on the ones we have been on they are never pushy, but saying that they can be a devil to find in way out places, but , yes first time , give it a go.(y)

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Vickytoms,
Just a thought, to find french passion sites or aires, you will need a satnav , as most you will only find by GPS , some of the FP are way out in the sticks, aires mostly in villages & towns but again you euther need to be sharp eyed to spot the signs or use gps to take you direct.
We mostly use aires & have found loads free , I usually do a bit of research before hand to find those that are near by water , i.e. rivers lakes canals etc , as said before spend £15 membership ( the best money can by) all you'll need in help of all sorts of info re France or motorhoming general .
Terry

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
If you havnt motohomed in France before France passion is worth every penny, but once you get used to Aires it's not so essential, France passion is free stopovers, on shops ,vineyards , farms , and all manner of places, but you get the full flavour of France by way of these places in spots you would otherwise miss, and get to meet real French people, they do want to sell you stuff but on the ones we have been on they are never pushy, but saying that they can be a devil to find in way out places, but , yes first time , give it a go.(y)
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Phil

Upvote 0

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
There is a subscribe button on the main menu, £15 a year and I am sure you will find it really helpful.

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Aires are facilities provided by local communities exclusively for motorhomes to park - and visit the town, and maybe spend a bit of money too.
Some are just car park, some have waste disposal, some have water and electricity. Some are free, some charge anything up to 10euros. Some only accommodate a couple of motorhomes, a few will take 100+!
It is a fantastic system across France and Germany, etc, but NOT the UK.(n)
Look at http://www.campercontact.com/en/ or http://www.searchforsites.co.uk/ or www.campingcar-infos.com (cliques to enter, click Chercher/Ajouter une aire) and buy All The Aires book from http://vicariousbooks.co.uk/
Both website have free downloads for your satnav. All The Aires book is handy as an off line reference book but it only gets updated every two years or so where as the websites are updated almost immediately.
Once bitten, smitten!(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back