connecting two leisure batteries (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, I have one leisure battery with a couple of red wires going to one terminal, of which one is fused ( I guess this is to do with charging and/or supplying power to auxiliary equipment in the Motor Home) and a single black wire to the other terminal. I’m about to add another battery of the same size and output! Would the correct method of connection be to leave the red wires already attached and disconnect the black wire and connect it to the corresponding terminal on the second battery and then add a new red and further black cable between both batteries? i.e. red to red black to black with an additional fuse (30 amp) on the red.
Does this make sense! And if so why!

Thanks in advance,
Philip

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi, I have one leisure battery with a couple of red wires going to one terminal, of which one is fused ( I guess this is to do with charging and/or supplying power to auxiliary equipment in the Motor Home) and a single black wire to the other terminal. I’m about to add another battery of the same size and output! Would the correct method of connection be to leave the red wires already attached and disconnect the black wire and connect it to the corresponding terminal on the second battery and then add a new red and further black cable between both batteries? i.e. red to red black to black with an additional fuse (30 amp) on the red.
Does this make sense! And if so why!

Thanks in advance,
Philip
have a look here just put your requirements in

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back