LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I like the camera on the chassis so you can watch your grey water dribbling.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we were at TW with my headlight issue last week (and the week before)

had a look at the Duomobil, which looks to be pretty much the same spec, couldn't cope with the only bed being the drop down front bed so didn't look for long, but seems half decent but not cheap, I think that was £90K

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Looks nice but the usual boring small lounge around a huge table does absolutely nothing for us.
The reason we fancy a B544 is the huge amount of living space even compared to our B694.
About time they came up with something new.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Looks nice but the usual boring small lounge around a huge table does absolutely nothing for us.
The reason we fancy a B544 is the huge amount of living space even compared to our B694.

here you go

lounge not maybe as big as this makes it look, but a new take on layout, (or revisiting old fashions maybe)

Reactions: JJ

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
here you go

lounge not maybe as big as this makes it look, but a new take on layout, (or revisiting old fashions maybe)

Looked at one last year, too big and certainly too expensive for us, buy a house for less around here but at least it was something different and seemed beautifully made. Think the main issue is that they all seem to want forward facing beds in small vans which gives tiny lounge space.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

We are now on our second B544 following 3 RVs . We like lounge space and the 544 does the trick for us and even us old uns manage the drop down bed, easy (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We are now on our second B544 following 3 RVs . We like lounge space and the 544 does the trick for us and even us old uns manage the drop down bed, easy (y)

Totally agree.
We looked at 2011 4250 kg 3 litre maxi chassis last week and absolutely loved it.
Huge payload masses of storage lounge thats even better than ours, and the bed comes down low enough not to need a ladder and is as big if not bigger than ours. All in a van just over 6 mtrs, whats not too like. The best van on the market imo, unfortunately we couldn't get close to doing a deal.:(
Never mind our B694 is a fantastic van and serves us well.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
The dynamic line is another in the Hymer / Mercedes stable. Looks pretty but not really sure about the front end, could be a trust re future Hymer fronts.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
To me it looks like a challenger for Carthago's C- tourer Sport, aimed at a younger market. Love the front end a big improvement. I like the narrower body, not sure if the white mouldings on the cabinets will stand the test of time the white may yellow. The drop down bed is available as singles, looks like the bed is north/south only due to side cabinet work. The first 2 models the released only had the cheap kitchen like the Exsis now they have a DL678 with L-shaped kitchen & separate shower & loo. As for the camera on the waste a simple DIY mod on any van but down there won't be long before it's covered in crap.
Some listed on Mobile D for Aug delivery, a DL678 with 150 hp Auto box, 4.5t chassis, Alde heating for €94k looks quite cheap. Can't find a Hymer price list at the moment.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The dynamic line is another in the Hymer / Mercedes stable. Looks pretty but not really sure about the front end, could be a trust re future Hymer fronts.

Except this one is Hymer/Fiat.

Martin

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
Lenny, might be more aimed at C-Compactline as narrower body and also looks like you can sleep east/west too as the cabinets appear to drop with the bed.....

many new ideas (from loads of manufactureres) now putting 'spaces' other than beds above the garage (wardrobes....Chausson, Burstner) making a roomy short 'one-box' design with garage a possibility.

i was hoping Hymer were going to make an Exsis-i version of the B544, ie a little narrower, but i gues they were scared of it twking away sales from the more expensive B class.

the 6m DL looks interesting and will try to get a peep as soon as poss....

Last edited:
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I like the look of them, lots of clever ideas (remote waste and camera, drop down singles for example) and love the curved units.
I do wonder where the weight savings have come from, will be interesting to view one in the flesh...

Have to agree about the lounging space, our's has the l-lounge and very large table, worst part of the van imo, the new ones appear to be even more cramped. Large garage and open space at the rear seems to be a common theme for the moment.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I like the look of them, lots of clever ideas (remote waste and camera, drop down singles for example) and love the curved units.
I do wonder where the weight savings have come from, will be interesting to view one in the flesh...

Have to agree about the lounging space, our's has the l-lounge and very large table, worst part of the van imo, the new ones appear to be even more cramped. Large garage and open space at the rear seems to be a common theme for the moment.

Just don't get the obsession with small lounge and large tables not enough room to swing a bloody cat. Do people really spend so much time sat at a table? We normally go on extended trips and appreciate lounging space far more than a huge table. Getting more and more difficult to find a decent lounge in the modern vans available at anything under 8 metres. The reason the B544 is so successful and hold their price so well I think.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
One of the excellent design features on the new Hymer I was not aware of are the heating vents from the truma below every window including the windscreen which in our case eliminates condensation on the glass.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
One of the excellent design features on the new Hymer I was not aware of are the heating vents from the truma below every window including the windscreen which in our case eliminates condensation on the glass.
Agreed, a really sensible idea

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I love Hymers, I love American RVs. I'm really looking forward to seeing What Hymer America eventually come up with.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
They look interesting. Not really competing with the normal wide body B-class range I think, more an upmarket Exsis i to suit the European sub 3.5 t market. Shame they lose some payload capacity over an equivalent Exsis. Definitely need to have a look at them in the flesh.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I love Hymers, I love American RVs. I'm really looking forward to seeing What Hymer America eventually come up with.

Really miss our RV but the Hymer fills the void nicely (y)

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
Just don't get the obsession with small lounge and large tables not enough room to swing a bloody cat. Do people really spend so much time sat at a table? We normally go on extended trips and appreciate lounging space far more than a huge table. Getting more and more difficult to find a decent lounge in the modern vans available at anything under 8 metres. The reason the B544 is so successful and hold their price so well I think.
most of our extended holidays (life....) away from home are for 3 or 4 months and we go to places where we can sit outside in the warm, not inside the van.
the reason many Brit vans have larger lounges (and hopless bed sizes) is because the weather is not suited to spending relaxing time outside...

our lounge is fine for feet up lounging (tv, reading etc) and the smallish fixed table is perfect for meals or using a pc etc....

having had a twin sofa uk van previously, i thought we might not like the lounge but its fine....and we have a massive garage for leccy bikes which the 544 (lovely as it is) doesnt have.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
most of our extended holidays (life....) away from home are for 3 or 4 months and we go to places where we can sit outside in the warm, not inside the van.
the reason many Brit vans have larger lounges (and hopless bed sizes) is because the weather is not suited to spending relaxing time outside...

our lounge is fine for feet up lounging (tv, reading etc) and the smallish fixed table is perfect for meals or using a pc etc....

having had a twin sofa uk van previously, i thought we might not like the lounge but its fine....and we have a massive garage for leccy bikes which the 544 (lovely as it is) doesnt have.

That was the compromise we had to settle for , a bike rack on the back which is not ideal so take batteries and seats off so not quite so attractive for nicking.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

The perfect motorhome the facilities of an RV in a B class Hymer .
Do miss the luxury of an RV just don't miss the sheer size.
Always a compromise.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We would love a b544 and my plan was in 2017 when we can get our lump sum was to buy one. However someone has told me that Hymer are not making this layout next year :-(. It is not popular in the rest of europe! So sad :( I started to panic and price it up now but just can't afford it. Thinking now we may get a Rapido 9048df or a Frankia 640sd as it is a very similar layout. There are very few choices if you don't want a fixed bed. :unsure:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Lenny, might be more aimed at C-Compactline as narrower body and also looks like you can sleep east/west too as the cabinets appear to drop with the bed.....

many new ideas (from loads of manufactureres) now putting 'spaces' other than beds above the garage (wardrobes....Chausson, Burstner) making a roomy short 'one-box' design with garage a possibility.

i was hoping Hymer were going to make an Exsis-i version of the B544, ie a little narrower, but i gues they were scared of it twking away sales from the more expensive B class.

the 6m DL looks interesting and will try to get a peep as soon as poss....

Some smarter lightweight vans like the compact lines would be of interest I'm sure

Edit: just seen Lenny link....God they are sticking with those awful headlights..

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Edit: just seen Lenny link....God they are sticking with those awful headlights

Unfortunately not. If you look closely I think they've gone with some new awful headlights instead. Apparently they form part of the 'new' Hymer front end look, so expect them across the range as they are revamped.....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I see you have a new avatar. Best wishes
Phil
Hi Phil

So have you, but of course you have a new van(y)

I got a complaint at Chester that the old avatar didn't show off the good looking van or the good looking lady to best advantage, how you accomplish that in a 20mm square I don't know but changed it anyway.

It keeps people on their toes though.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back