May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi everyone...

I am in dire need of new batteries. Currently have 3 ancient and abused 110 amp/hour ones.

As I am attending the Shepton Show does anyone know a supplier who will be there and does anyone have an idea of prices? (My ones were around £35 each several years ago...)

Thanks

JJ

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
more like £70 -80 now and if you do get new ones I'll take the old ones off your hands at shepton.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi everyone...

I am in dire need of new batteries. Currently have 3 ancient and abused 110 amp/hour ones.

As I am attending the Shepton Show does anyone know a supplier who will be there and does anyone have an idea of prices? (My ones were around £35 each several years ago...)

Thanks

JJ
Hi,My advise is to lookout for the Hawker UPS batteries on evil bay.They normaly cost around £35 each.I bought mine around 3 years ago and they are the best I have ever had.Use em on the boat too.Much much better than any of your green cheapo ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi,My advise is to lookout for the Hawker UPS batteries on evil bay.They normaly cost around £35 each.I bought mine around 3 years ago and they are the best I have ever had.Use em on the boat too.Much much better than any of your green cheapo ones.

:Cool: I have just bought 4 for our Suntor. I bought 6 x 100ah 4 years ago for our Newmar (now in Spain) and they are STILL going strong. Loads of power. :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Snowbird and Johnsandywhite... have had a brief look at Hawker batteries... huge choice and range... which ones do you people use?

JJ
From time to time they appear on E bay secondhand.They are used in banks,building societys etc,as backup.You should be able to pick them up for about £35 each.They will last years,and are very very expencive new.Am afriad its a waiting game till they change them in the banks etc.But well worth the wait.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Snowbird and Johnsandywhite... have had a brief look at Hawker batteries... huge choice and range... which ones do you people use?

JJ
From time to time they appear on ebay secondhand,dont worry about that,they will still outlast anything else on the market,at any price.You have to play the waiting game till they come up.Normaly pay about £35 each.Have tried alsorts and all prices of batteries but these are the dogs dangleys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back