Update for Oyster Satellite (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have the vision 2 controller which I need to update, looked on the site you mentioned but cannot download on iPad and transfer to the controller... Any other ideas appreciated (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bob & Moira

Bob & Moira

Free Member
Feb 8, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Knaus SunTi
Exp
Since 2008
Instructions from Las motorhomes
jacksons has instructions on there site

Attachments

• Oyster-instructions.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 186
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
be careful not to alter any of the other settings in the service menu. if you dont read the instructions properly you can end up messing up your oyster altogether.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
I have the vision 2 controller which I need to update, looked on the site you mentioned but cannot download on iPad and transfer to the controller... Any other ideas appreciated (y)
you have 2 ways to update , 1st is using the oyster controller and manually adding a new search transponder if your dish is not locking on. 2 nd the download is for oyster vision 3 which has a sd slot in the side of the controller. to update this way you need to download the zipped file and then unzip it and upload it to an sd card formatted in fat32. press the button to raise the dish then after it has started its search press the tick and the dish will stop rotating. slide off the small cover on the right side of the oyster controller( hard to see but if you pinch the end, top and bottom and pull to the right it will come off) and insert the sd card. if you have downloaded the file correctly you will see "proceed with update" on the screen. press ok and wait for a couple of minutes while it does its stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Likewise all seems to be working ok. In over five years, I have only had to update the transponder settings once, about three ishhhh years ago. :)

I think the upgrade is a software issue. My Oyster 2 'control box' was upgraded by the previous owner approx 6 months before I bought the motorhome..I recall he said it cost approx ÂŁ700.
The transponder frequency is something else..after losing the signal on mine (dish spinning, elevation changing etc) just before Christmas 2015, I contacted Sat-tech and spoke to Margaret, she talked me through re-setting a couple of the 4 default transponders...after that all was ok. Then it happened again a few weeks ago..quich phone call to Margaret and all sorted again.

regards

Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back