Inside double floor storage... (1 Viewer)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I have two inside underfloor storage areas in the double floor. One towards the front and the other towards the rear. Accessed by lifting a hatch for each

They are about 8 to 10 inches deep and about a foot wide.. The lengths differ slighty .. But are about 3 feet long across the width of the van

They appear to be heated ( as they become warm when heating is on)

I was just wondering what other folk store in these sort of compartments..

Ps ... I have a designated shoe storage area ( heated ) near the door.. So they aint for shoes...

Am I missing a trick here? :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have a small safe in one of them and it has also been the home to a winter duvet in the summer, the duvet has now been moved to the drop down bed and some spare tins of food are going in the space as the garage is getting too full to get to the box of food hence the use by dates are a bit optimistic, we have one by the door that is the cave and wine store.

Martin

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
we have a number of these....wine store by the door, OH shoe store next to that, umpteen manuals in another, electrical bag of tricks (adaptors, chargers etc) in another....another is inspection hatch for water tanks and two in the built in steps for rear singles house my shoes and the odd rucksack...

all hidden, warm and out of the way.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We've also got two underfloor storage areas.
One is heated and is ideal for shoes/boots the other unheated which we call the wine cellar. :LOL:
It will take a 12xwine box so is useful for bottles of all sorts plus room alongside for a smaller cardboard box with back up food supplies ie. Baked beans, canned vegetables, bottles of water etc. Everything keeps really cool in there.

Richard.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Deep one just inside the habitation door is used for all the dog stuff we trundle around and the other large one in the kitchen are is where the wife keeps her overflow shoe collection. The ones in steps are where our main shoes live.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
anything she can't ram into the overhead lockers,

which is a lot,

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Wine and beer mostly in ours but have to resort to sending the grandchildren in to try to retrieve the boxes that have been pushed in too far!

Ian

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Most of our double floor is accessible from outside lockers, apart from one random space in the middle of the van under the lounge seating area. No doubt it is intended for a safe, but when we left the UK in October it was stuffed full with tea bags and marmite! :Eeek::clap2:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have two big underfloor storage areas like you. The one nearest the front is for heavy storage like wine beers tinned food bottled water etc. The one in the middle is for lighter stuff like spare bog rolls kichen roll and pressies. We have some storage boxes from Poundland and a beer crate to help hold things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back