Smoke/Carbon Monoxide combined alarm (1 Viewer)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I personally would use separates, but do a combined unit and have a good reputation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cant remember the brand but I have one that talks.
Beee-baaa...beee-baaa...whoop-whoop
WARNING...WARNING...CARBON MONOXIDE

or

WARNING...WARNING....FIRE...FIRE.

Bloody thing is a menace, you only have to burn the water in the kettle to trigger it.

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Aldi currently gave a stock of combined smoke detectors and Carbon Monoxide detectors within the one unit, although I can't remember what make they were. They were selling for about £16 each - saw them today.

We fit Fire Angel at work but they're just smoke detectors.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This is what I use. It doesn't go off all the time when cooking (y) <Broken link removed>
I personally would use separates, but do a combined unit and have a good reputation.
I think that's the one I fitted to our van (which had neither when we bought it). It's certainly a Fire Angel even if not that model.

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Am i wrong in thinking that Most smoke is ligher than air (because its usually warmer) it rises anyway
and Co is heavier than air
Yes and No its a myth that Co detectors should be fitted lower down and smoke detectors higher up.
Co is in fact very slightly lighter than air and spreads around a room very evenly so the combined units work very well where ever you put em
Not often you get a question with the answer at the same time
G

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Am i wrong in thinking that Most smoke is ligher than air (because its usually warmer) it rises anyway
and Co is heavier than air
Yes and No its a myth that Co detectors should be fitted lower down and smoke detectors higher up.
Co is in fact very slightly heavier than air and spreads around a room very evenly so the combined units work very well where ever you put em
Not often you get a question with the answer at the same time
G
myself and @andy63 discussed this very subject just before xmas (Andy x fireman /training officer) I asked where the combined unit should go IE high up or low down -after five mins we decided just like Geo said that COs very slighly HEAVIER than Air but smoke rises and Andy said that CO is caused by burning so it would initially rise with the smoke/heat -conclusion fit it higher rather than lower :)Of course I threw mine on the dash :LOL:Still never found a place to actually fit the thing :D
EDIT SHOULD READ co HEAVIER THAN AIR

Last edited:
Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
myself and @andy63 discussed this very subject just before xmas (Andy x fireman /training officer) I asked where the combined unit should go IE high up or low down -after five mins we decided just like Geo said that CO
We did indeed.. and if I was been really fussy not tight to the ceiling or wall where they meet...ie if on wall a few inches down wall from ceiling and if on ceiling a little out from wall... That area can be a bit of a dead space ,so not ideal but that's been really fussy lol...
Hope all well with you Terry and we catch up soon... I've lost your contact after a disaster with phone:(
Andy

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We did indeed.. and if I was been really fussy not tight to the ceiling or wall where they meet...ie if on wall a few inches down wall from ceiling and if on ceiling a little out from wall... That area can be a bit of a dead space ,so not ideal but that's been really fussy lol...
Hope all well with you Terry and we catch up soon... I've lost your contact after a disaster with phone:(
Andy
Some people have all the luck :LOL:;)

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
myself and @andy63 discussed this very subject just before xmas (Andy x fireman /training officer) I asked where the combined unit should go IE high up or low down -after five mins we decided just like Geo said that COs very slighly HEAVIER than Air but smoke rises and Andy said that CO is caused by burning so it would initially rise with the smoke/heat -conclusion fit it higher rather than lower :)Of course I threw mine on the dash :LOL:Still never found a place to actually fit the thing :D
EDIT SHOULD READ co HEAVIER THAN AIR

You may want to check this ... carbon monoxide is lighter than oxygen which generally occurs as O2. CO has a mass of 28g/mol and O2 has a mass of approx 32g/mol. "Air" has a mass of approx 28.8g/mol.

As for positioning, CO monitors and smoke monitors should be placed up.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back