Help needed with booking Le Mans Classic 2016 (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Is there anyone who knows how to do this? We have already booked a ferry but are finding that booking with campsite seems to be pretty well restricted to firms offering packages - ferry, campsite, tickets etc which are very expensive. I can't even work out what the various categories of tickets are for, and I speak a bit of French. We simply wish to go and look at the historic cars and camp for a couple of days. Anyone out there able to help?

Many thanks

Catherine

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Catherine,
I've never been but some close friends used to go most years, they camped at Fresnay sur Sarthe about 25 miles away & drove down to see the race, municipal site , when we used this site in september 2008 & june 2009 there wasn't any need to book , it was almost empty.
Not sure if this helps.
Terry

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have stayed at Chateau Chanteloup. A les Castels site very near la Mans . Lovely site expensive but run by the family who own the chateau.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have been to the 24 hour race a few times, but not the historic, camping for the main event has got harder and harder over recent years, virtually all as you say through agencies now, my friend used to organise and get around 10 camping places and similar entry and grandstand seats, they will not sell to him anymore, too small

Last time we went we bought off ebay, might now be similar for the historic, or use an agency

On a similar theme though Phil @Taran_Las has brought Pau to my attention over the last couple of years, that seems to be much more accessible still

on my to do list, hopefully next year :)

good luck with getting your tickets (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I went to the Le Mans historic 2 years ago but booked through an agency. The amount of camping at Maison blanc has been severely reduced due to a new Audi centre being built. As others have suggested camping away from the track area and driving in seems to be the easiest solution. Hope you find somewhere and have a great time watching the races. (Paddock tickets though expensive are a must.)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We stayed for the Le Mans classic in 2012

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks Brian - were you in the bit with trees east of the bridge? Hard to see which bit is campsite.

XX

We weren't we were the other side of the motorway and walked over the bridge. It was just rough ground. I think there were MHs on the nicer bit but don't know how you get there.

You must have seen this, once again I don't know how you book.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@47.9414726,0.2043199,787m/data=!3m1!1e3

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I did Le Mans for 10 years on the trot. we just turned up, used "camping vert", one of the campsites inside the track, no need to book, best to get there a day early for a better pitch. They cram you in a bit, but great fun, watching groups build beer bottle walls around their areas.
Phil

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Many of the sites around the circuit have gone the way of exclusive packages, the classic is not as busy as the Le Mans 24 and you get a different atmosphere. At the last classic we went to, we stopped in a church car park where the enterprising congregation had put up a sign saying camper car parking, 20 euros I think for 4 days. It's not unknown for locals to rent you a bit of garden, drive etc, they just stick signs up (works at Spa also, been using the same drive for years!). We have used Bounty Lakes but they are exclusive packages, they do include meals and a shuttle service. A couple of weeks later is the classic at Silverstone, 3 days of music and cars (Boomtown Rats and The Stranglers headlining).

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Useful thanks - when did you last go??

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Have a look here

They are still showing camping tickets available at Beausejour for 75 Euros

This gives you a 7 x 5 M plot and is for the vehicle + tent or whatever

General admissions tickets are 53 Euros for the 3 days (you can also buy these at the track)

Stand tickets are available for about 30 -35 Euros

You can camps from Thursday to Monday Morning

www.beermountain.com is a great resource for all things Le Mans.

We'll be doing the Classic again this year (may have a reduced price GA ticket available as one of our party can't make it)

Any further questions please ask

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back