When do you stop worrying.... (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Been dreaming all year for a motorhome like this, couldn't sleep properly when I bought one as too excited, and didn't sleep till it was on my drive....

Now, can't bl***y sleep because I'm worrying someone will Nick it..!! Every noise out of my bedroom window I'm up having a look..!:eek::swear::swear2:

Now I'm thinking it hasn't been nicked in the last ten years so why will it happen to me.... It's got a good alarm and I've got a good wheel clamp on it, my cars parked in front of it and I hide the keys in the house..:yawn2:

So when does the worrying stop....:pray:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Been dreaming all year for a motorhome like this, couldn't sleep properly when I bought one as too excited, and didn't sleep till it was on my drive....
Now, can't bl***y sleep because I'm worrying someone will Nick it..!! Every noise out of my bedroom window I'm up having a look..!:eek::swear::swear2:

Easy...............get out of bed and sleep in the MH !

..........seriously...(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Never! I worry when the habitation check is due! ( hate water ingress)
Try not to worry and enjoy!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We've got it parked behind six foot tall gates, the gates have two good locks, we have steel ropes locking the front doors together, we have had the top of the range growler alarm fitted, worried, us? You betcha we are. :whistle:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
when you drive off and enjoy yourselves:D:D:D

But that's when they broken in to. Or some big wagon pushes you off the road and smashes your wing mirror. Not to mention all the scratches from overhanging branches. And if you're not lucky the first hook up could end up with reverse polarity.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
But that's when they broken in to. Or some big wagon pushes you off the road and smashes your wing mirror. Not to mention all the scratches from overhanging branches. And if you're not lucky the first hook up could end up with reverse polarity.

Nice one Brian......keep it light!........(y)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Haha.... I'll just leave it and stay on the drive then.... At least I'll save on diesel ..lol:LOL:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Same with me, first of all with the RV which as well as alarm immobiliser used a Disklok , must now buy one for the Hymer, never totally relax when I leave it in the drive in spite of good alarm immobiliser. :Eeek:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Either you're a worrier, or you aren't.
Him Indoors is a real worrier about the moho, won't leave anything in it at home, checks it all the time.
Me, I think - well, if somebody wants it I can't stop them; we have Things In Place as any prudent mohomer would, so life will do whatever it will. I leave my stuff on board.
I got the moho for fun, not to give me added stress.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I leave my stuff on board.

Reminds me......... must empty the cassette .......... nobody would steal my MH ..... unless he was 'nose blind'..........:Eeek:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Fishing line from front bumper to big toe. You'll be able to sleep until you're bouncing down the drive on your ar*e. At which point you'll know it has been nicked :sleep:.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if youre still worried, either pull out the ignition relay and take that indoors or have an interrupter switch fitted. both cheap and reliable

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Many years ago my brother rode motor bikes.
He kept it in the attached garage.

As a belt & braced exercise he modified the alarm circuit to include an alarm loop wire....put the loop through a wheel or the bike frame and plug back into the circuit.
He could then set the loop zone independantly of any other zones and if anyone tried to nick the bike the house alarm triggered.

The garage was in regular use throughout the day so not practical to alarm the garage itself.

The same could be done for the van if you have a house alarm and its kept close to the house....even if you dont hear the vans alarm you will hear the house alarm.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Don't worry here. I took it for MOT today (woo hoo, it passed) and had to get 2 motors moved so I could get it off my drive.

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
You could invest in a pair these...

image.png

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp

Seriously......... insurance is all you need......... if someone wants to steal it they will... you feel 'attached' ......... it's just a 'thing'............. you just bought this one........ there's always another

Don't worry....... it will just spoil things....

(y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Many years ago my brother rode motor bikes.
He kept it in the attached garage.

As a belt & braced exercise he modified the alarm circuit to include an alarm loop wire....put the loop through a wheel or the bike frame and plug back into the circuit.
He could then set the loop zone independantly of any other zones and if anyone tried to nick the bike the house alarm triggered.

The garage was in regular use throughout the day so not practical to alarm the garage itself.

The same could be done for the van if you have a house alarm and its kept close to the house....even if you dont hear the vans alarm you will hear the house alarm.
good idea especially with a wireless PIR detector in the van

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Either you're a worrier, or you aren't.
Him Indoors is a real worrier about the moho, won't leave anything in it at home, checks it all the time.
Me, I think - well, if somebody wants it I can't stop them; we have Things In Place as any prudent mohomer would, so life will do whatever it will. I leave my stuff on board.
I got the moho for fun, not to give me added stress.

I know it will get better, I think it's just some sort of anticlimax...;):)

Fishing line from front bumper to big toe. You'll be able to sleep until you're bouncing down the drive on your ar*e. At which point you'll know it has been nicked :sleep:.

Hahaha.... You don't know how funny that is to me, not far from the truth there...:LOL::ROFLMAO::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
if youre still worried, either pull out the ignition relay and take that indoors or have an interrupter switch fitted. both cheap and reliable

I need to put my glasses on, I thought you said I need an interpreter @TheBig1 ...:Eeek::rofl:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
I dug a spupidly big hole in our drive to hold a lockable steel post. It took 5 bags of ready mix concrete to fill the ruudy thing:sick: the good news is I am now restricted to no longer than 6.5m length(y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I dug a spupidly big hole in our drive to hold a lockable steel post. It took 5 bags of ready mix concrete to fill the ruudy thing:sick: the good news is I am now restricted to no longer than 6.5m length(y)
I looked a some in Aldi recently.
Couldnt believe what I was looking at.....

They were the hinged type with an enclosed shackle padlock which lay flat when not in use.
Lift the post and fit the padlock.

The hinge was an exposed nut and bolt. :rolleyes:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
thanks for that Vic @Barclaybasher , just reminded me to empty our cassete from Sunday:whistle:

We used to have a caravan. We stopped using it and it sat on the drive at the front for four years. Then we bought a Motorhome in 2009 so we'd have to get rid of it - not room for both. Eldest daughter decided they'd have it, so we gave it her. Took very little out of it, really. 1981 model, so didn't have a fitted bathroom, but did have a bathroom and a cassette type PortaPotti.

Cleaned up an absolute treat, and we treated it to 2 new tyres and waved itbye bye.

Next day, a not too impressed son in law telephoned us. They'd emptied it, prior to shampooing the carpets and upholstery, and the PortaPotti seemed a bit heavy .......

You guessed! Poor bugger still has nightmares about the pong!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Really needs to be the 1m high ones that retract into the ground set in concrete 1m x 1m x1m .:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back