Aires near the centre of Bath? (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Bath can be a nightmare to drive through in a car let alone a MH! Take a taxi.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Be wary of the Search for Sites web site. In normal circumstances motorhomes are allowed to park at Riverside coach park but it isn't all that big and there is no guarantee of a space. As said above, it is parking only not camping. I notice the review on the page linked to says that the security staff allowed somebody to stay but that is certainly not the council's official position. Also note that Riverside coach park is currently closed for parking during the day - http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/parking-and-travel/coach-parking.

If it were me I would park at Lansdowne P&R and get the bus in, using a CL/CS for camping (or, as we did last year, go when one of the clubs has a rally/THS on in the area).

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Lansdown Park and Ride gets a vote from me too. Driving in Bath is a nightmare, leave alone parking. I am going to the theatre there tonight and have allowed at least 30 mins to find a parking space, even in the evening.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The Wheatsheaf, in Corston just outside of Bath has a big car park. They have just been taken over by new Landlords so it may be worth a call. It's on a very busy road, with a bus stop that takes you into Bath. Its the Wheatsheaf in Corston and not Combe Hay. Their number is 01225 872915. (y)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Bath can be a nightmare to drive through in a car let alone a MH! Take a taxi.:D
Mmmm, we noticed!
Fortunately the bus driver was very ... er ... accommodating???

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Bath marina and camping park nice spot and ride across road,need to book

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Lansdown Park and Ride gets a vote from me too. Driving in Bath is a nightmare, leave alone parking. I am going to the theatre there tonight and have allowed at least 30 mins to find a parking space, even in the evening.
Thanks for your help I will go with your Park & Ride suggestion. Enjoy the theatre

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The Wheatsheaf, in Corston just outside of Bath has a big car park. They have just been taken over by new Landlords so it may be worth a call. It's on a very busy road, with a bus stop that takes you into Bath. Its the Wheatsheaf in Corston and not Combe Hay. Their number is 01225 872915. (y)
We are staying a couple of nights in Bath or the Bath area, if the Wheatsheaf in Corston is accommodating we will do a night on the Park & Ride and a drunkard night in the pub...........thanks for the help and contact

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Be wary of the Search for Sites web site. In normal circumstances motorhomes are allowed to park at Riverside coach park but it isn't all that big and there is no guarantee of a space. As said above, it is parking only not camping. I notice the review on the page linked to says that the security staff allowed somebody to stay but that is certainly not the council's official position. Also note that Riverside coach park is currently closed for parking during the day - http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/parking-and-travel/coach-parking.

If it were me I would park at Lansdowne P&R and get the bus in, using a CL/CS for camping (or, as we did last year, go when one of the clubs has a rally/THS on in the area).
Don't know if this just a pop at searchforsites in general or just this one entry, because if it's the website you are quite wrong , brilliant site with more places than any other, it's up to you to make your mind up about each entry, it's just telling you it's there.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't know if this just a pop at searchforsites in general or just this one entry, because if it's the website you are quite wrong , brilliant site with more places than any other, it's up to you to make your mind up about each entry, it's just telling you it's there.
I was thinking mainly of the entry linked to when I posted because that does give a misleading impression of the facts. When I've looked at the site in the past it seems accurate as regards caravan sites but not otherwise.

A search centred on Middlesbrough, for instance, shows up the local CC site and the CLs/CSs in the area (haven't checked if it's a complete list) plus one independent site. It also shows two car parks claiming that they can be used for overnight camping when that is not the case. It doesn't show any of the local places where motorhomes can be parked during the day.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Searchforsites is a good starting point but not always up to date or accurate but then what free information website is?! We Google each one for up to date info.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I went to a birthday do at the Bath Cricket Club this weekend, and their car park is pay and display with an overnight rate of £3.

It says patrons only, for obvious reasons, but if all else failed a phone call might establish whether or not a MH could stop there as a one-off?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
airs in bath?
plenty down the plughole

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Searchforsites is a good starting point but not always up to date or accurate but then what free information website is?! We Google each one for up to date info.
That's the very reason why I changed the structure of my own web site to point to source sites, which have much more chance of being kept up to date.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Searchforsites relies on users updating it in the reviews, but most have a link to a website, we went to Wales for five days last week and used it every night , but did find what it said was a wild camping spot in dinas dinneli, all signed up no overnight parking or camping, so give it a miss although there was plenty room, so I have put it in the review(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back