Lunatic Goes Garmin (1 Viewer)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
After being suitably impressed with the Garmin Camper 660 LMT-D, I started looking for other things to squander good money on in relation to it.

I am looking forward to receiving in the near future a hard case, additional flat mount so hopefully it will sit on Helens surface behind the windscreen and a mains adaptor for charging.

The trawl brought up the BC30 reversing camera, which after watching the YouTube presentation has convinced me to get one of those as well. The demo looked very straightforward and though significantly more money than the assorted Chinese clip on your mirror jobs I think I will get one. I will be interested to hear of any (sorry I imagine that should say read) experiences of others with this combination.

One major positive of all this is that I can clear out some of my Chinese junk at some stage. All basically opened looked at and put away again.

Input re Camper 660 LMT-D and BC30 is welcome, positive or negative.

Which POI s work best etc.

Now then do I need the sun shade thing and protective covers or not? mmm

:france:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have the 760 and I use the sunshade that came with the Noza Tek, which works well.
I bought one of these sunshades for use with the 5 inch car sat nav and it is also effective.
The thing you have to watch is that the fittings don't obstruct the on/off switch.

Never bothered with a hard case :)

Deleted User
Does your 660 LMT indicate the correct speed limit for your vehicle based on weight as the one I bought gave wrong speed limits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As a complete aside I have a different Garmin and I can hardly read the screen if I wear my polarised sun glasses. The only way to see it is to rotate the unit by 45 degrees and then the screen is readable. It's a bit disorientating trying to follow the map but you adapt after a while. :) Tilting your head also works but isn't too comfortable after a few minutes. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Borderland, the simple answer is I do not know. It tells me my speed and warns. It announces approaching changes of speed limit in a band along the top edge.

During the set up I input Helen's length, width and height, don't remember anything else there, so at risk of letting the side down again, I shall resort the the instructions and see (sorry GJH).

DBK, I don't use polarised lenses these days just Ray Bans so that should not be a problem. I will rob the Navtec shade out of the box when I am in the UK next week and see if it fits.

Thank you. Clive

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I got a couple of universal sun shades for our sat nav and tablets which are very good:

5"

$_57.JPG

7"

$_1.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Potential long delivery Mel (Dispatched within 1 day, Estimated between Tue. 19 Apr. and Thu. 12 May). How long do they actually take?
I ordered them on 14th March and they arrived within 2 weeks! We'd have had one about 8 days after but weren't here to received it, the other I think was 11 days later - can't complain at that for service from China!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I ordered them on 14th March and they arrived within 2 weeks! We'd have had one about 8 days after but weren't here to received it, the other I think was 11 days later - can't complain at that for service from China!
Thanks. I've ordered one of each. At that price you can hardly go wrong can you? :D

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I ordered two 12v fans for Helen (she is 32 years old without air con which I will need down by the Med this summer), on 26 March and they were here this morning. Even more remarkable so was I.

I must say that stuff moves at remarkable speed. Sometimes takes longer to get stuff from the mainland.
:)

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Well, I am pleased to report that progress with the Garmin has been good. Despite my failure to read the instructions, I have been able move trips from the planning stage on my Pc to the 660. Worked out how to do that planning - that was initially a struggle as I have not yet worked how to parachute waypoints in on base map, though insertion is simple enough.

I guess the real proof of the pudding will be when fitted to Helen and used in earnest.

The BC30 reversing camera arrived Tuesday from Thurgo in Exeter, excellent service from them.

Lots of jobs to do with only a handful of days to do them before embarkation.:cheers::france:

?

Deleted User
Potential long delivery Mel (Dispatched within 1 day, Estimated between Tue. 19 Apr. and Thu. 12 May). How long do they actually take?

Like she says two weeks. I buy from China quite often and yet to wait longer.

?

Deleted User
Kind of wonder how they make a profit on some stuff. Couple of my last items from China were small. Right angle micro long USB cable 99p with free postage. 12V power sockets. £1.89 with free postage. Dont know if i would trust large electrical items but small items I always look for Chinese deals first.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back