TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just returned from taking Jamie for his first trip to Europe, we are now planning his(our) next big trip, to Scandinavia, specifically Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

The official sites for Denmark and Sweden indicate no special requirements but that for Norway seems to indicate a similar procedure to entering UK, i.e. tapeworm treatment by a vet but it is not clear on when this should be done.

So could anybody who has taken their dog to Norway kindly advise me of what they did in respect of their dog, including where they entered from because that seems to make a difference too!

Ta muchly (and bark bark from Jamie)

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
I went in 2013 and the requirements then were tapeworm jab between 1 and 5 days before entering country - same as UK. Additionally there was a requirement for a further treatment within 7 days of entering the country. We entered from Hertsals in Denmark and found a vet just on the outskirts of Kristiansand. Although I can't find it at the moment I believe the after entry treatment is no longer required. I'll try and find the reference. The border control were very thorough in checking the dogs passport.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay, that's great and clearer than the official site. Thanks very much.

So that's one more thing to add to the checklist!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We are considering this trip with our dog and just checking that this info is correct. No special treatment needed?
Clip from the link:
All dogs that are to be imported to Norway must be treated for fox dwarf tapeworm (Echinococcus). (Except from UK, Irland, Malta, and Finland) This tapeworm is not dangerous for the dogs themselves, but it can cause serious illness in humans. The owners of the dogs may not treat the animals themselves.
Does anyone know about holland and Germany?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As far as I can tell from reading the relevant regulations for each country, there are no entry restrictions for dogs except UK & Norway, which are the same. As you cannot enter Norway direct from UK (except by flying), you are therefore subject to these restrictions and need to get your dog wormed between 24 and 120 hours prior to arrival by a vet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back