Free Member
Apr 3, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
we're looking to buy first motorhome to go more or less full time....timeframe is next couple of years, but we're already looking hard at models/layouts to suit requirements....our favs at mo are adria coral, pilote, knaus, with large garage and fixed rear bed (either island or transverse).... Weight limit to 3.5 for health reasons so payload is important.....however today we saw a Rapido 883f having not really considered an A class before and on first impressions were impression with size and layout.

Dealer suggested payload would still be 400 to 500 under 3.5 limit....anyone got a Rapido of this size...just under 7m length....views on build quality and payload? I have to say we have both been very impressed with quality of adria so far...many thanks in advance....

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I dont have personal experience with the 883f model,but i did do a lot of research on Rapidos in general, im picking my brand new rapido up this wednesday and i did not want to spend alot of money on a brand with a poor reputation ,i did find some small moans about handles breaking after 5 years but on the whole ,the Rapido brand has a very good reputation ,as for payload ,its best to check that one out yourselves.

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Hi Nlwtasha The 883f is has a payload of 420kg but for UK spec add at least 40kg for UK spec. This is for oven. carpets and passenger airbag. These are not standard on the French spec.
Laird when did you order your van ? I ordered mine at the October NEC and my arrival date is June.
Cheers Vicwo

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mine is VERY close to the limit (2up) at 3500kg. So close I am actively pursuing my C1 (over 70) renewal with a view to upgrading to 3850kg.

A trip to the weighbridge BEFORE purchase, if at all possible, might be in order?

Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Nlwtasha The 883f is has a payload of 420kg but for UK spec add at least 40kg for UK spec. This is for oven. carpets and passenger airbag. These are not standard on the French spec.
Laird when did you order your van ? I ordered mine at the October NEC and my arrival date is June.
Cheers Vicwo
I ordered mine last July/august, i was told a late january for delivery,the Rapido was delivered to the dealers early march,ive asked for some toys to be fitted and ill be sitting in it this wednesday

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Cheers Vicwo
In case of any confusion, I think you mean delete 40kg from the payload for UK spec (or add it to the unladen weight).
But in any event, if these are the brochure figures, remember that they are allowed to vary by +/- 3%, which equates to nearly 100kg. To put that into perspective, 100kg is 2 bikes, the bikerack, 25 litres of water, and all your gas. (Or, most of my wife's toiletries).
And I strongly suspect that manufacturer's use that allowable tolerance to their advantage, not yours. I.e., unladen weights are always higher than brochure figures.

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Yes Candapack its another lump out of your payload for UK spec so we are down to 380kg on the 883f. My bits of extras are sat dome 9kg. bike rack 8kg and keep going. Biggest one is comfortmatic box plus upgrade to 150bhp is an extra 50kg. Its so easy to be well over.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I ordered mine last July/august, i was told a late january for delivery,the Rapido was delivered to the dealers early march,ive asked for some toys to be fitted and ill be sitting in it this wednesday

I bet sleep deprivation is starting to develop around about now...:):)

As it happens I'm getting new sofas delivered on Wednesday and I'll be sitting on them waiting for your first post of the new van.... We will want pictures ..:LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Nlwtasha

Nlwtasha

Free Member
Apr 3, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Many thanks all......I think we will go back to concentrating on the likes of adria, pilote, knaus and not A Class......depending on model they all give us 500 plus payload!

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Many thanks all......I think we will go back to concentrating on the likes of adria, pilote, knaus and not A Class......depending on model they all give us 500 plus payload!
You need to check them all, it's not only Rapido at the 3500 kg weight limit ,motorhomers are more weight sensitive than an anorexic teen-ager

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
'toys' can weigh plenty....

the three 'packs' that came on our van, along with the awning, sat system, 2nd battery, solar panel etc, etc.....came to over 330kg.

add in a passenger 75kg (shes much less than this....) and 100+ ltr of water and you're over 500kg before you've actually put anything in it...

food, everyday clothes, books/mags, outside walking gear (coats/boots) and tables chairs, bbq, levelling ramps 2nd gas bottle, hookup leads, hoses adaptors, safety kit et al.....

caravanners just dump all this kit in their huge towcar as thwir vans have no payload.....MH ers have to carry it all (and themselves) in one vehicle...

id say that 500 kg is the absolute minimum capacity for two people, and more if upspeccing the van with heavy kit, not in the base spec (and weight sheet....)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I bet sleep deprivation is starting to develop around about now...:):)

As it happens I'm getting new sofas delivered on Wednesday and I'll be sitting on them waiting for your first post of the new van.... We will want pictures ..:LOL::ROFLMAO:
We are quietly drumming our fingers on th:De desk right now and I'm sure that my clock is on a go slow

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

You're making the assumption that any of the manufacturers or dealers have told the truth wherever you were quoted those payloads.

Pretty much all the manufacturers are known to lie through their teeth be hopelessly optimistic about weights and payloads.

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Which model are you getting Laird. We have ordered the 866f with low single beds in the rear. Bought a new tele from Brownhills in their winter sale £80 off, bargain. Why not cut the lawn or something. Its a long time til Wednesday lol

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Which model are you getting Laird. We have ordered the 866f with low single beds in the rear. Bought a new tele from Brownhills in their winter sale £80 off, bargain. Why not cut the lawn or something. Its a long time til Wednesday lol
We are getting the 9000dfh ,I was quoted 94k by brownhills for it so I tried a Belgian dealer and they quoted me 95k Euros ,so I went with the Belgian dealer

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
We are getting the 9000dfh ,I was quoted 94k by brownhills for it so I tried a Belgian dealer and they quoted me 95k Euros ,so I went with the Belgian dealer

Its no wonder you cant wait. Lovely van, I'm sure you will have some lovely times. Roll on Wednesday.

Deleted User
Your Rapido will probally not have a spare wheel, so unless you are happy driving around with just a can of gunk add in another 35 kg.
Great vans though

Spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back