Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
My 09 Sigma (on a Peugeot Boxer base) is due to go into the dealer next week to have a cover fitted to the engine to prevent water sitting around the injectors. :Sad:I wonder what else has to be done as part of this package. Anyone had this done o their Fiat or Peugeot:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My old Fiat always had water on the battery,never did find out where it came from.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
My 09 Sigma (on a Peugeot Boxer base) is due to go into the dealer next week to have a cover fitted to the engine to prevent water sitting around the injectors. :Sad:I wonder what else has to be done as part of this package. Anyone had this done o their Fiat or Peugeot:thumb:

This is a very old recall

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Use the search facility - There is an old thread somewhere complete with pictures.

You should have the scuttle sealed to the windscreen
The gap in the scuttle sealed
A water catcher fitted below the join in the scuttle with associated drainage
The engine should be cleaned up FOC

Very surprised to see this old chestnut on a 09 van.... I thought we had all moved on to juddergate :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Just goes to show some dealers will still try to get away without doing things if given the chance.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Just goes to show some dealers will still try to get away without doing things if given the chance.

Dave:thumb::thumb:
Just to update on my van going in for the mod. Unfortunately Renwicks (Peugeot dealer) here in Plymouth were taken over by Vospers (Ford Dealer) on Saturday last and guess what All spares were remove to the depot in Exeter to do a stock take!! My engine cover etc was amongst the spares and so the van will have to go back into the garage next week when the spares are re-delivered to Plymouth!! Poorest excuse I've ever heard but nothing to be done about it and I did get a free cup of coffee. Wait and see:Doh::Angry:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Use the search facility - There is an old thread somewhere complete with pictures.

You should have the scuttle sealed to the windscreen
The gap in the scuttle sealed
A water catcher fitted below the join in the scuttle with associated drainage
The engine should be cleaned up FOC

Very surprised to see this old chestnut on a 09 van.... I thought we had all moved on to juddergate :Smile:

Autoquest, can you please leave those blinds open if only for a little longer :Eeek:

Jim
:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Engine cover

Update Engine cover fitted today at no cost Happy teddy bear:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back