Norway Tolls (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We went to Norway last year and have just received the last invoice for an AutoPass automatic toll. We were invoiced other toll fee's in September so this one is quite late:eek:

The date............ 31st May 2014

The price...........£ 1.92

6 metre vans and under are charged the same as cars. Over this you can expect to pay 3 to 5 times the price.

I just thought I'd mention this because many people may not be aware that the Norwegians are well catered for visiting vehicles. You simply drive as normal without stopping and a camera will record your vehicle registration, then a few months later (8 in this case!) they send you an invoice which details the date and time and shows a photo of your vehicle. Payment can then be by credit card or bank transfer............ easy :D:D

The toll fee's are collected on behalf of AutoPass by EPCplc

:)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Cheaper than my Norweigen experience. About 6 months after my visit I received a £750.00 speeding fine for being about 20mph over the limit on a deserted road in the far north. The friendly cop who radar gunned me offered the fine or two weeks in jail as the alternative. !! He added that he would not recommend the jail option.

I thought I had got away with it but a UK debt collection agency became involved so I paid up.

Norway is a wonderful country and I would not hesitate to go back, but I would also keep to the speed limits next time!

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
We went to Norway last year and have just received the last invoice for an AutoPass automatic toll.
Please can you tell me if the invoices had added fees for being collected that way ( as opposed to the tag where you prepay) or just the toll price so long as you pay it promptly?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Please can you tell me if the invoices had added fees for being collected that way ( as opposed to the tag where you prepay) or just the toll price so long as you pay it promptly?

We did Norway summer 14 and received an invoice for tolls round Oslo and if I remember correctly it was for the toll fees only, no extra charge was added.

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Thanks. Did you have any tolls that weren't collected? Has anyone had any recent experience of this on other toll roads? Did you ever receive an invoice, how long after, and were there any additional charges added? I gather it is a London firm who collect.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks. Did you have any tolls that weren't collected? Has anyone had any recent experience of this on other toll roads? Did you ever receive an invoice, how long after, and were there any additional charges added? I gather it is a London firm who collect.
If I remember correctly it was a London firm, I also paid tolls on another road just pulled into a service station and paid there can't remember the price think it was only a few euros.

In my opinion Norway is a stunning place so well worth paying a few £.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We registered online (whilst in Norway, having already been Zapped by a toll camera in Bergen). We paid a deposit, of about 20 Euro if my memory is right
When we got home, we did get a bill in the post for the Zapping in Bergen, but no fine.
We paid immediately, online by card

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Was that the only toll road you used then? Just trying to establish if you received the bill for all of them or not. Many thanks anyway.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Same sort of experience... Two years ago did a bit of touring around southern Norway. .. kristiansand . Stavanger seljord area..
There are more toll roads popping up all over Norway now...
Just got on with it...Didn't pay anything in the country but got invoiced on my return about 4 to 6 weeks later...Just for toll charges nothing additional as I remember and in total it came to £20 odd pounds... That was for a mwb Ford transit , well under 6m..
Ta andy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Was that the only toll road you used then? Just trying to establish if you received the bill for all of them or not. Many thanks anyway.
We found toll roads in a number of places in Norway - including a tunnel, which we could not avoid due to snow on the other route.
Tolls and ferries are a fact of life in Norway and are just part of the travelling experience

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Interested in what those with a larger van found - the costs I can look up but it's how you paid and when you were invoiced I am interested in, or did you pre-register or go for the autopass box?

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I maybe daft, but after reading the 'auto pass' details I see no reason to register....

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
I maybe daft, but after reading the 'auto pass' details I see no reason to register....

Yes that is the conclusion that many have reached and that is why I am asking ;) though as you also imply it looks like you can just pay when the bill arrives at no extra charge. Addie posted this years ago on their blog but things do change and I'm trying to get up to date info in case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back