Hit by HGV whilst on hard shoulder of M6 (1 Viewer)

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all Polly here. At long last we had word today that we will be able to pick up our repaired Moho next week from Bailey's of Bristol. It has been 11 months since the accident. We had only had the Moho for 3 months and it had around 1000 miles on the clock. The HGV driver admitted liability but even so it has been a dreadful experience. Apparently the reason it broke down in the first place was fuel starvation, they replaced the fuel pump and the injectors, not what you expect when you buy a new vehicle!
We are so excited to be getting the Moho back but I must admit I am also a bit worried about travelling in it again. The journey from Bristol to Newcastle should help I hope.

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oops title should read update : hit by an HGV whilst on hard shoulder of M6

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good to hear things are being sorted out at long last, have wondered how you were getting on, be good to get your first trip out under your belts. Happy travels in the future. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Good luck - once you have a trips or two under your belts you will be able to put the trauma to one side (you'll never forget it), relax and enjoy yourselves.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Glad to hear you're getting back on the road. Are you both ok? I thought of you last week when we were travelling north on the M6.
Hopefully you'll make some new good memories when you get back out there (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Oops title should read update : hit by an HGV whilst on hard shoulder of M6
You can edit the title. Look at your original post again and there should be a button saying edit title or something like that. Be quick. It turns into a pumpkin after 60 minutes.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's such great news. Golly it doesn't seem like 11 months!!!
Of course you'll be worried about it the first time or two but try to keep your nerve. I'm sure if it helps there will be somebody nearby who'd travel with you - either an accompanying moho or in yours with you, or both, just to get you jump-started.
Big hugs to you both - have a wonderful time, you really do deserve it :clap2:

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Just read your previous thread on this. What a terrible thing to happen to you, especially in the first few months of your new ownership. Good to hear you are to soon be back on the road but not good that it's taken so long to resolve.
This kind of story though does make you question the wisdom of using the hard shoulder as an extra lane in the new smart motorways which seem to be popping up everywhere.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You have lost out on nearly a complete year of the warranty, I hope you claim for that as if something else goes wrong it will be their fault it is out of guarantee, Get some mile on it to check out the missing trips and get some use out of it.
Why was it not replaced as a right off?

OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
You have lost out on nearly a complete year of the warranty, I hope you claim for that as if something else goes wrong it will be their fault it is out of guarantee, Get some mile on it to check out the missing trips and get some use out of it.
Why was it not replaced as a right off?

We tried but the repair estimate was just over £10,000. We paid £47,000 for the moho when we bought it. The roof/back and side panels needed replacing and the interior bathroom fittings and wardrobe etc.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So glad to hear you are at last back on the road. Enjoy your holidays and try not to worry.:)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Glad to hear you are finally getting the van back.....but hope you manage to get out and about this summer.

Wishing you happy & safe travels.
X

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Wow! 11 months is an incredibly long time for a repair when it only takes a few days to build a new one!
Anyway, that's all behind you now, I hope you can finally get out and enjoy your travels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back