MHF Smilie. Can I copy and paste? (1 Viewer)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I wanted to play with an introduction badge (lanyard type) to incorporate Smilie, forum name and first name.
I was at Chester last weekend and a lot of badges (thanks Jim/Sian) had personal names, but a lot of us only know the forum names.
Thought it might make life easier.

To this end I would need to copy and paste, but I don't seem able to.
Geoff.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What are you trying to copy from and to?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No need to copy and paste.

If you are just wanting a printed result you just need to right click and save the Free Stickers image from the bottom right of the page and then open it in a photo processing package to amend the wording.

Jill did a similar thing when producing her embroidered badges (opening the image in the embroidery software). If you have an embroidery machine that you want to use for producing the badges just send me your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you Jill's pattern.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The logo is available as a PDF on the forum here: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/tax-disc-smiley.80/

But I've just used Photoshop to change it to a JPG and removed the Funster bit. You should be able to use a normal image editor to add your name or whatever if you want. If this is what you are after send me your email by PM and I'll send you the original.

MHF Smiley - Blank.jpg

Edit: Belay that, its now available as a resource: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/blank-tax-disk-smiley.170/

Last edited:
Reactions: GJH

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
No need to copy and paste.

If you are just wanting a printed result you just need to right click and save the Free Stickers image from the bottom right of the page and then open it in a photo processing package to amend the wording.

Jill did a similar thing when producing her embroidered badges (opening the image in the embroidery software). If you have an embroidery machine that you want to use for producing the badges just send me your e-mail address in a PM and I'll send you Jill's pattern.

Graham,
Not to embroider, just wanted to incorporate into a document with extra bits and print onto yellow paper so it would fit into those little plastic pouches you see on lanyards for I.d. Badges.
My bits on the computer don't include things like photoshop, and while I managed to save the image to "documents" I can't then copy and paste it to a pdf to work with it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I can't then copy and paste it to a pdf to work with it.

If you're trying to edit a pdf then that's probably where you're going wrong. What software are you using?

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
If you're trying to edit a pdf then that's probably where you're going wrong. What software are you using?

What comes with W10. I'm not the most gifted on computors
G

Edit
I have managed to get the tax disc smilie as a pdf file in something called EDGE. From there I can only re save it, not copy and paste

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What comes with W10. I'm not the most gifted on computors
G

If @DBK 's example is what you need then it will probably easiest for you to use that.

I don't use Windows so I don't know what's built into W10 but I'd be surprised if there was anything suitable. You're going to need some kind of image editing software.

Alternatively you could should be able to insert the image into whatever you're using to create your badge but you won't be able to alter it at all.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The original is a PDF but unless you have Adobe Photoshop or Elements I think you might struggle to edit it, which was why I changed it to a JPG as this should be read by more programs.

And the answer to how it was done - by adding text then bending it, probably not quite enough bend when I look at it but it should be fine printed out small!

I don't think the font is quite right but it was the best I could find, and is just plain old Aerial. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The original is a PDF but unless you have Adobe Photoshop or Elements I think you might struggle to edit it, which was why I changed it to a JPG as this should be read by more programs.

AZnd the answer to how it was done - by adding text then bending it. I don't think the font is quite right but it was the best I could find, and is just plain old Aerial. :)

Illustrator is a better option if your source file is a pdf because it doesn't need to convert it to a raster image in order to process it.
Depending on how the pdf has been created in the first place it may see individual layers and objects so you get full editing capability.
It's generally far more geared towards graphics work than Photoshop is.

EDIT: I'm bored so I've had a look. Jim's original "tax disc" pdf is editable with Illustrator so you can change FUNSTER to anything you like. The font is Verdana.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Illustrator is a better option if your source file is a pdf because it doesn't need to convert it to a raster image in order to process it.
Depending on how the pdf has been created in the first place it may see individual layers and objects so you get full editing capability.
It's generally far more geared towards graphics work than Photoshop is.

EDIT: I'm bored so I've had a look. Jim's original "tax disc" pdf is editable with Illustrator so you can change FUNSTER to anything you like. The font is Verdana.

NickNic
I'm trying to get the image from MHF tax disc smilie as suggested by DBK/GJH and put into a Microsoft Word document.

How do I get Illustrator?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
NickNic
I'm trying to get the image from MHF tax disc smilie as suggested by DBK/GJH and put into a Microsoft Word document.

How do I get Illustrator?

You get Illustrator from Adobe. You will be able to download a trial version if you want a play but it's a pro graphics package so it isn't the easiest thing to get to grips with if you've never used anything like it before.

If all you want is the logo then I would use one of the ones @DBK posted and just copy/paste that unless you wanted it to say FUNSTER in which case here you go:

logo.jpg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham,
Not to embroider, just wanted to incorporate into a document with extra bits and print onto yellow paper so it would fit into those little plastic pouches you see on lanyards for I.d. Badges.
My bits on the computer don't include things like photoshop, and while I managed to save the image to "documents" I can't then copy and paste it to a pdf to work with it.
As Nick and DBK have said, editing an image is probably easier than a PDF. If you have a scanner it may have come with some image editing software which can do the job.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
The logo is available as a PDF on the forum here: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/tax-disc-smiley.80/

But I've just used Photoshop to change it to a JPG and removed the Funster bit. You should be able to use a normal image editor to add your name or whatever if you want. If this is what you are after send me your email by PM and I'll send you the original.

View attachment 99260

Edit: Belay that, its now available as a resource: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/blank-tax-disk-smiley.170/
:rofl:

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
If you don't have \ don't want to purchase Photoshop you could try the free and open source image editor - Gimp https://www.gimp.org/

Thanks for that. I have downloaded it and will have a play. Thanks also to @NickNic for the illustrator heads up.
I download a free trial version, ye gods, my brain started to dribble just trying to understand it. Fair play to all you whizz kids that understand the computer world, I wish I did a little better than I do
G

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks also to @NickNic for the illustrator heads up.
I download a free trial version, ye gods, my brain started to dribble just trying to understand it.
G

It's not as bad as it looks once you get into it. (y)

I suppose I would say that though because it's what I do for a living.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I'm such an idiot about stuff like this, the tangle I get myself into is hilarious, hence the laughing smilie on DBK.I've given up trying, anyway that's what children are for

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back