I feel a question coming on.......... (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
I've been nagging 'im indoors to take the tarpaulin of the van (now the nicer weather is coming) not that we have any going away plans as yet, but I do like to sit it occasionally and have a dream,as you do?? Anyway, it has been on EHU most of the winter but when Terry tried to start the engine...nothing. Tried a jump start...nothing. The panel said vehicle battery was 'fair'. I questioned that surely if on EHU the vehicle battery should have charged along side the leisure, the reply I got is non printable ;) I said 'don't get stressed, I'll ask all the knowledgeable funsters'. That reply was also non printable. Tomorrow he's taking the battery off to charge off the vehicle.... soooo.. I may need to come back and pick a few brains. :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I've been nagging 'im indoors to take the tarpaulin of the van (now the nicer weather is coming) not that we have any going away plans as yet, but I do like to sit it occasionally and have a dream,as you do?? Anyway, it has been on EHU most of the winter but when Terry tried to start the engine...nothing. Tried a jump start...nothing. The panel said vehicle battery was 'fair'. I questioned that surely if on EHU the vehicle battery should have charged along side the leisure, the reply I got is non printable ;) I said 'don't get stressed, I'll ask all the knowledgeable funsters'. That reply was also non printable. Tomorrow he's taking the battery off to charge off the vehicle.... soooo.. I may need to come back and pick a few brains. :)
My stargazer is a2005 model and on the charger unit you have to select either leisure or vehicle battery the charger doesn't do both on ehu. ..Roy

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Some makes charge the leisure batteries only on hook up, you will need a van bitz battery master or similar, they are very easy to wire in as only 3 wires.
1 negative, 1 to leisure positive and 1 to cab battery positive.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No need to take battery off. use your battery charger in engine bay and plug in to 230 volt socket in van provided your on EHU.BUSBY.

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Oh wow thanks, much appreciated. For starters not taking the battery off to charge will save a lot of hassle as its quite difficult to get to, and other bits of info sound interesting, I'll pass them on. :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If the vans been stood all winter with the battery not charging im afraid the battery will be cabbaged.
If may appear to charge but wont hold charge....just cranking the engine could make it flat in seconds.

Batteries dont like being left in a fully dicharged condition, even for a very short time before they start to deteriorate

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hope the recharge does the trick.

In future use the van all year round, pack wellies, coats, a brolly and some extra blankets (and some brandy)

(y)
No don't pack all that,,just head for SPAIN and some sunshine.BUSBY,,,

OP
OP
Madeinengland
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Morning all, lovely day here in Norfolk. Battery on charge, on vehicle, on EHU and using the panel switched to vehicle battery (did wonder what that function was for). Fingers crossed it's not cabbaged :( though I expect it probably is. And yes, yes, yes can't wait to do it all - sunny spain and wintry Britain. Plans are afoot - busy trying to streamline our life, lower maintenance house & garden is first on the list. Busy selling 33 years of clutter at the moment. Just wish it'd all happen quicker :)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Be aware that not all MH onboard chargers will charge the vehicle battery & on some MH's switching the control panel switch from AUX to VEH simply powers the habitation devices from the vehicle / engine starter battery & will flatten it very quickly.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Be aware that not all MH onboard chargers will charge the vehicle battery & on some MH's switching the control panel switch from AUX to VEH simply powers the habitation devices from the vehicle / engine starter battery & will flatten it very quickly.
Not on the pre 2006 stargazers the switch on panel dictates whether you charge the hab battery or vehicle battery from the ehu . .at least it does on my 2005 model ..Roy

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Not on the pre 2006 stargazers the switch on panel dictates whether you charge the hab battery or vehicle battery from the ehu . .at least it does on my 2005 model ..Roy

I did say . . . not all . . . & on some . . :)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Good luck with recharge and enjoy yourravels and planing for(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back