EURAMOBILE

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
WEST YORKSHIRE
Funster No
MH
EURA MOBILE 820 HS
Exp
Hi, I am a newbie to ALDE wet central heating systems, I have recently purchased a Eura Mobile Motorhome with this system fitted, it has the Alde Legacy Control Panel and the boiler is an Alde 3010 Compact. It fires up fine on electric and I have hot water, however I have no heat to the radiators, the header tank is at correct level. Any help would be really appreciated.

OP
OP
E

EURAMOBILE

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
WEST YORKSHIRE
Funster No
MH
EURA MOBILE 820 HS
Exp
Hi, thanks - temp is set at 22 deg, switched to heating and hot water, pump in the header tank is whirring away... any other ideas ?

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Are any of the pipes near the boiler getting warm?could be an air lock,you'll find little knurled bleed screws all over the place in the high spots. For a quick warm up we always start on gas then drop back to electric if available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
As @icantremember says but make sure you have the electric heating set to the maximum (2 or 3 kw) and the gas on; this will ensure a quick warm up. Incidentally try it a 30 degs if the van is already warm inside.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EURAMOBILE

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
WEST YORKSHIRE
Funster No
MH
EURA MOBILE 820 HS
Exp
Hi, yes the pipes near the boiler are warm, trying to locate the bleed screws, it seems Euramobile get two guys to hold the radiators and build the rest of the van around them, so hard to get to.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EURAMOBILE

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
WEST YORKSHIRE
Funster No
MH
EURA MOBILE 820 HS
Exp
I just found some flexi pipe things at each end of the radiators with like a nut and thumb screw on top - is this where you bleed it ?

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I just found some flexi pipe things at each end of the radiators with like a nut and thumb screw on top - is this where you bleed it ?

Most probably. There should be a number of these (located on all of the radiators).

Ian

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, thanks - temp is set at 22 deg, switched to heating and hot water, pump in the header tank is whirring away... any other ideas ?
You probably have an airlock, alde are notorious for airlocks in the heating pipes.....to the point its essential to have the van pointing up a slope then pointing down to bleed all the air out.
It isnt enough to fill and run the system.
Alde installers use a special pump to refill the system which drains and fills at the same time to avoid allowing air into the system.

I recently drained and refilled the system on my caravan.....I had to raise the front end around 3ft using a special high lift jack, open the bleed screws at the front to release the air then drop the tow hitch to the ground to get the air to the rear and do the same at the rear end bleed valves.
Took almost 2 hours in total to get the fluid changed and air locks out.

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have to have a setting turned on on the master control panel before the Alde heating works - this is in addition to the Alde control panel.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back