Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Guys. Could I seek your advise re - inverters

Q1. What size inverter would you recommend to feed a 230 volt transformer to give an permanent output of 1500 mV at 9 volts AC.
Q2. What would the inverter take out of the house batteries to achieve the this.

If not practical, is there a transformer that will reduce 14 volts [ fully charged house batteries ] to 9 volt AC

Thanks guys in anticipation of your help.

Pudseykeith :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Guys. Could I seek your advise re - inverters

Q1. What size inverter would you recommend to feed a 230 volt transformer to give an permanent output of 1500 mV at 9 volts AC.
Q2. What would the inverter take out of the house batteries to achieve the this.

If not practical, is there a transformer that will reduce 14 volts [ fully charged house batteries ] to 9 volt AC

Thanks guys in anticipation of your help.

Pudseykeith :thumb:
Hi Keith I assume you mean 1500mA amps not volts which is 1.5 amps.
which at 9V is 13.5Watts
13.5W/12V =1.083R Amp the smallest, say 150 amp inverter will do you. and will consume around 1.5 amps in total
A 110amp/hr battery has a useable capacity of around 55 amps for one hour so your conversion would flatten the battery (If nothing else was used) in around 36hrs.
but of course there are others out there who know better who will come along and tell me I have got it all wrong.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
pudseykeith

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Roger.
You are right. Thanks for being understanding. We have3 110 amp batteries plus solar panels in the roof. I am not sure what they produce. The tech data is in German so find it difficult It states - Electr - 3.27A. Kennwerte - 53Wp. Leerlaufspannung - 21.8 V per panel. there are 2 panels.
I am not sure what this will add to the battery state.
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you have plenty of battery storage to cope. The panels look to be a pair of 58W so could realistically be producing 2.5 -3 amp/hr max which will top up the batteries nicely if you get enough sun.

OP
OP
pudseykeith

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Thank you Roger for your help. Its much appresiated I will buy a 150 / 200 A inverter. Do you know were to go to get the best deal ?

Regards, Keith :thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Keith,

Are you sure that you want ac and not dc if that's the case then.................

I don't think you need an inverter at all, it sounds like you are looking to supply a 9 volt item of some kind that has a low power need, if so then what you want is a dc to dc voltage dropper ans there are plenty of these fitted into cigar lighter plugs.

Doug...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
assuming you do need 9V A/c and not 9V D/C which is totally different then the following inverter will do you fine, don't forget to unplug when not in use as it will still draw power when switched off.

Link Removed

cheap as chips.
if you actually need 9V DC then this adapter will do you beware of lower rated ones.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi Doug
I have not come across a voltage dropper. Can you explain, and where these are available from.
Regards pudseykeith

Ok, but first is DC that you want?? in your original post you said AC and AC at 9 volts is a very strange requirement.

As to voltage droppers they are every where, the have them for almost every device that runs on battries. You probably all ready have one so that you can run something in yourcar, for example.. your mobile phone or your Tomtom. things like that.

Doug...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Keith I assume you mean 1500mA amps not volts which is 1.5 amps.
which at 9V is 13.5Watts
13.5W/12V =1.083R Amp the smallest, say 150 amp inverter will do you. and will consume around 1.5 amps in total
A 110amp/hr battery has a useable capacity of around 55 amps for one hour so your conversion would flatten the battery (If nothing else was used) in around 36hrs.
but of course there are others out there who know better who will come along and tell me I have got it all wrong.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yes roger you have got it all wrong mate.:Doh:

what you mean is a 150WATT invertor:ROFLMAO:

as you've been unwell i'll let it go this time only....watch your step in future.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
pudseykeith

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
assuming you do need 9V A/c and not 9V D/C which is totally different then the following inverter will do you fine, don't forget to unplug when not in use as it will still draw power when switched off.

Link Removed

cheap as chips.
if you actually need 9V DC then this adapter will do you beware of lower rated ones.

Link Removed

Hi Roger
Thanks for your help to solve my problem. :thumb:
Best wishes, Pudseykeith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back