ROI Ireland (1 Viewer)

rambler

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
North West
Funster No
Exp
Does anyone know about deals to the republic from Holyhead, last year £176 this year am being quoted £348 16th Oct - 25th

TIA

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont know where you are in the northwest but maybe cheaper to go to northern ireland and drive down south.....

never been so i'm not sure:Doh:

stranraer to belfast = £240 return in october

£100 buys quite a lot of diesel and you get to see 'both' irelands.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Does anyone know about deals to the republic from Holyhead, last year £176 this year am being quoted £348 16th Oct - 25th

TIA
Hi,I heard somwhere there is a ferry from Fleetwood that is reasonable.Its some time ago but the people live in Blackpool and said its a freight boat,but if tou turn up they always get you on,sorry cant be more helpfull,it was about a year ago we were having the discusion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aido

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Co. Wicklow
Funster No
MH
Euromobil
Exp
8 years
post subject

TIA

Nutt Travel offers Ferry Crossings throughout Ireland and the UK you wont find cheaper:shout:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,I heard somwhere there is a ferry from Fleetwood that is reasonable.Its some time ago but the people live in Blackpool and said its a freight boat,but if tou turn up they always get you on,sorry cant be more helpfull,it was about a year ago we were having the discusion.

:thumb: i've also heard of freighters taking a limited number of fare paying passengers too.

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
South/northern ireland

TIA
Just a thought, might be a good idea to start in Northern Ireland, at the moment quite a few people are going from the South to the North to shop as the Euro in the South is worth more in the North........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rambler

rambler

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
North West
Funster No
Exp
Thanks all,

I thought about going from the North, but dont no me way and yes have a Sat Nav.

It just seems expensive, when last year derv was alot higher. The trip cost £176 and now can get it with for £248 but that is with only me!!

We pay more because of the size, so were a car can go for £69 plus the driver. We should be getting a better deal, all the sites tell me there is a surcharge of £50. They think they have a captive market for anyone traveling to Ireland. Well

Am looking at flying over to Knock with Ryanair £2 return!!!!! and yes all in. Hire of a smaller camper for a week HOW MUCH???? I`ll tell you 190euro inc insurance.

Mentioned this to IF and they offered a £50 discount. So let me think 3x£2=£6 and about £160 for a smaller 4 berth (big enough) no 3-4 hour drive either way, just a 50 min flight......and still have the same break, no wear on my own etc

Guess what I have done??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back