Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi all you funsters.

Have had a strange happening over the last couple of weeks.

Our radio is the standard one fitted by FIAT and has not been adapted in any way, it has started to switch itself on at random, sometimes during the middle of the night, sometimes during the day when we are away from the vehicle.

It stays on until I manually switch it off and then it may start up again, sometimes it goes for days without coming on and then suddenly bursts into life.

There does not appear to be any set pattern, it just happens and at night it wakes me and SWMBO up.

I went back to the vehicle the other day and it was playing away quite happily even though the vehicle had been idle for 2 days.

Any one have any ideas or suffered from this problem before?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I seem to remember reading on another forum of one doing the same thing but have looked and can't seem to find the post if I find it will get back to you.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi all you funsters.

Our radio is the standard one fitted by FIAT and has not been adapted in any way, it has started to switch itself on at random, sometimes during the middle of the night, sometimes during the day when we are away from the vehicle.

It stays on until I manually switch it off and then it may start up again, sometimes it goes for days without coming on and then suddenly bursts into life.

There does not appear to be any set pattern, it just happens and at night it wakes me and SWMBO up.

I went back to the vehicle the other day and it was playing away quite happily even though the vehicle had been idle for 2 days.

How do you switch your radio off..........................the reason why, I say how do you switch off...on mine and it is on a fiat 2008 model fitted in france so it is not bound the be the same radio of make or model........if you press my left hand side volume button it seems to go off(as this button seems to many things).....but no it does'nt, it must put it into sleep mode or delayed time, so some time later it comes back on....to turn mine off you press the same button and hold for about 10secs, and then the radio is OFF,!!!!!!?????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Dago

Free Member
May 19, 2008
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
We had similar problem with our 2005 autosleeper symbol. The fitted unit did similar things and despite taking into a peugot dealer, it couldn't be sorted.

We ended up chucking it out and having a sony unit installed. Also took the chance to connect the power supply straight to the leisure battery, thereby also getting rid of the 20 minute cut out problem.

Much better radio/cd/usb player option & remote control as well ( saves all that walking back & forth):thumb:

Dago

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi all you funsters.

This sounds scary, is it playing the same song every time. Jeepers creepers by any chance?

Benwick Rambler

Free Member
Oct 21, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I posted on this subject on 25 June "Radio with mind of its own??"

I had the very same problem. Local radio installer diagnosed it as an internal "chip" problem and the only solution is to fit replacement radio.

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Similar problem, but my radio would not turn off. It still played even with the front removed and everything switched off. We had to do a manual reset (poking a pencil in a hole in the front) but it only cured it for a while.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I posted on this subject on 25 June "Radio with mind of its own??"

I had the very same problem. Local radio installer diagnosed it as an internal "chip" problem and the only solution is to fit replacement radio.

Brian

Glad you came back knew I had seen it somewhere, thought it was another forum, mind still works sort of.:Blush:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back