PVC Side door sealing strip or channel (1 Viewer)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Just opened the side door of the Ducato van and water came off the door top and splashed onto the floor

Just wondered if anybody knew of a cure or a gutter/strip I could fit to prevent this?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ours has this fitted so you can get them. However, it doesn't stop drops from the awning housing.
DSC_0092.JPG

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You need as suggested a rainwater J PROFILE they can be bought with little spouts that deflect away from the van
Fiamma do this kinda stuff search Fiamma rainwater trim
There is another thread with suggestions HERE

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you - I will purchase some of the Fiamma strip as soon as the shops open (y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Some questions for those who have done this already: @Gromett @Ralph-n-Bev
(Ralph & Bev have a very fancy one with in-build LED light strip (y))

The Fiamma strip is sold in three lengths, 0.75m, 3m & 10m.

Did you use a 0.75m length & just cover the bit where the step is, or a 3m length (possibly cut down) to cover the whole door opening (and beyond)?

Where did you stop it at the front? It seems to me that there is a danger of diverting a stream of water to run down onto the head of anyone opening the front door. As my sliding door is on the driver's side, that means a cold shower on my bald head!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
These photos might help, mine runs the full length and without measuring it I think it must be around 3m long. I can measure it if you like. It does indeed stop over the passenger's door but this hasn't been a problem. We stay inside when it is wet!

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
At the moment we get wet if we stay in-side or not. Leaks from sliding door and rear door window - :(

Brand new van - british build :rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
At the moment we get wet if we stay in-side or not. Leaks from sliding door and rear door window - :(

Brand new van - british build :rolleyes:

What is it..Must be Renault,Nissan,or Vauxhall,,,think they are the only panel vans produced in England.BUSBY.

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
What is it..Must be Renault,Nissan,or Vauxhall,,,think they are the only panel vans produced in England.BUSBY.

Apologies I read my post again and I should have been clearer - conversion is UK, Van is Italian.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Some questions for those who have done this already: @Gromett @Ralph-n-Bev
(Ralph & Bev have a very fancy one with in-build LED light strip (y))

The Fiamma strip is sold in three lengths, 0.75m, 3m & 10m.

Did you use a 0.75m length & just cover the bit where the step is, or a 3m length (possibly cut down) to cover the whole door opening (and beyond)?

Where did you stop it at the front? It seems to me that there is a danger of diverting a stream of water to run down onto the head of anyone opening the front door. As my sliding door is on the driver's side, that means a cold shower on my bald head!

Sorry for not responding sooner. Been extremely busy.

I Have mine set up to cover the full length of the sliding door. The front is positioned between the sliding door and the passenger door. The back covers the entire length of the sliding door in the open position.

It will be the first job I do on my new van when I get it, it made a huge difference.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back