Dealer suggestions to buy a Hymer from in Europe? (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I may be embarking on a trip looking for a B 680 Starline S and have spent a lot of time looking at mobile.de and have email results coming to me and various motorhomes parked. Trouble is who is going to be worth going to see and who is perhaps not going to give a good enough discount? I can see 15% discount being offered on some websites but can they be pushed further?

If anyone can make some suggestions either way it would be very useful. Some happily show discounted prices, others only show list prices and Palmowsky do a big pack of extras for very, very little.

I suspect one might be just in reach or I might have to settle for a secondhand one and the recent relative strength of the Euro to the Pound has not helped but new are still much cheaper abroad.

Secondhand prices seem to be much firmer than new and a chat to one dealer only yielded 500 Euros off and when I next spoke to him it had been sold which confirmed it as he didn't come back to me.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We bought from Campirama in Belgium in November.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I have also pm'd @Lenny HB who bought his Hymer abroad.

Many thanks for all your help so far!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I bought from Broken Link Removed They have huge stocks.
Speak with Ulrich Duerrwang, they are Hymer dealers as well as N+B. 15% is a good target, Germans are slightly different to English and tend to give you their best deal up front.

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
I would also recommend Durrwang – Morlein in Dortmund having bought two new Hymers from them. They always have a large stock of new Hymers on show.

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
We bought new from Campirama ...did the deal in December and picked up the new van with all bells and whistles in February. It was a stock vehicle though and did not need to be ordered from Hymer. Not sure what the Hymer delivery timescales are at the moment.

We did travel to Duerrwang and Hymerworld to have a look see and could not find a better deal than the one that Campirama gave us. I would not recommend Hymerworld. There did not seem to be much in the way of second hand vehicles at the dealerships we looked at and buying new seemed to be a better deal for us. The £ against the Euro was at 1.41 though!

The other benefit of Campirama is that they will drive the vehicle to the ferry port thereby negating the need to worry about insurance over there.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I bought from Broken Link Removed They have huge stocks.
Speak with Ulrich Duerrwang, they are Hymer dealers as well as N+B. 15% is a good target, Germans are slightly different to English and tend to give you their best deal up front.
Sounds a better discount then you will get from Campirama. I struggled to get 12% and their communication terrible........ Apparently it's important to talk to one particular sales person there according to @lennyhb best ask him.

I just can't get my head around why hymer stick with them bloody awful expensive headlights! If I can get a van again i will go for the compact Carthago A class

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I may be embarking on a trip looking for a B 680 Starline S and have spent a lot of time looking at mobile.de and have email results coming to me and various motorhomes parked. Trouble is who is going to be worth going to see and who is perhaps not going to give a good enough discount? I can see 15% discount being offered on some websites but can they be pushed further?

If anyone can make some suggestions either way it would be very useful. Some happily show discounted prices, others only show list prices and Palmowsky do a big pack of extras for very, very little.

I suspect one might be just in reach or I might have to settle for a secondhand one and the recent relative strength of the Euro to the Pound has not helped but new are still much cheaper abroad.

Secondhand prices seem to be much firmer than new and a chat to one dealer only yielded 500 Euros off and when I next spoke to him it had been sold which confirmed it as he didn't come back to me.
Why new makes more sense.....sometimes you can get 17% but I would be happy with 15%. Your already at least 10/20 thousand pounds better off then the scandalous UK prices.

Just make sure dealer don't withold the vat and extras are well priced. Just play a few off against each other for best deal, loads on mobile.de. make sure they are not to far away. ..Germany a big country! ....new in stock vans the way to do it....

Good luck Eddie :)

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We did travel to Duerrwang and Hymerworld to have a look see and could not find a better deal than the one that Campirama gave us. I would not recommend Hymerworld. There did not seem to be much in the way of second hand vehicles at the dealerships we looked at and buying new seemed to be a better deal for us.
It seems that a new one is out of reach at present. I am therefore looking at secondhand. Could you expand on your comment about Hymerworld, perhaps by PM if you prefer. They happen to have a S/H ex rental for sale which is well equipped so any comments about this or why there are not on your preferred list would be appreciated!

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Abacist

We found the place to be impersonal and it was difficult to actually get to talk to someone. That said, it is a big place with lots of different makes and models (new). They are concessions, so you can only talk to the one person for each make...There seemed to be only a couple of used salesmen, who were busy and we waited and waited as we wanted to look in a used N & B van. We had travelled a long way to see it. All used vans were locked. We eventually collared someone who was one of the managers who could see we were getting annoyed. He let us into the motorhome (used) and left us. Not a great experience.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Sounds a better discount then you will get from Campirama. I struggled to get 12% and their communication terrible........ Apparently it's important to talk to one particular sales person there according to @lennyhb best ask him.

Re Campirama. I think @Lenny HB deals with Emmanuel. We dealt with his brother Sebastian and found the communication both before and after purchase was great. However it is fair to say they are very business focused and not very chatty. A small family firm though and post sales support has been excellent.

Maybe they have stepped up their game, as a Belgian guy we met on our travels said that they used to be known as Campi"drama" when the father used to be in charge:)

Discounts obviously vary a lot depending on the model of van you're after. Stock vans will be a lot better. Ours was and their price beat Duerrwang on an identical van, albeit only by a few hundred euro. Both were around 15-18% off Euro list, and due to exchange rate about 25-30% off UK prices (don't get me started on UK dealers.....).

The proximity to the UK and therefore cheaper travel also made them (or other Belgian dealers ) preferable to the German dealers for us.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Re Campirama. I think @Lenny HB deals with Emmanuel. We dealt with his brother Sebastian and found the communication both before and after purchase was great. However it is fair to say they are very business focused and not very chatty. A small family firm though and post sales support has been excellent.

Maybe they have stepped up their game, as a Belgian guy we met on our travels said that they used to be known as Campi"drama" when the father used to be in charge:)

Discounts obviously vary a lot depending on the model of van you're after. Stock vans will be a lot better. Ours was and their price beat Duerrwang on an identical van, albeit only by a few hundred euro. Both were around 15-18% off Euro list, and due to exchange rate about 25-30% off UK prices (don't get me started on UK dealers.....).

The proximity to the UK and therefore cheaper travel also made them (or other Belgian dealers ) preferable to the German dealers for us.

Makes absolute sense to me buying in Belgium...I will try Emanuel if there is a next time as found Sebastian not bothered re a better deal to be honest.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Judge Mental it's worth a try.

My experience matches @sallylillian and that the German and Belgian dealers offer pretty much their best deals quickly and any further negotiations are limited. The amount you save by finding a dealer with the right van in stock or already on order (or with the right mfg incentive plan) seems to far outway the bit you can haggle over.

We found we could work out the production schedule of Hymer by looking at what was available on mobile.de and struck when the dealers were full of the model we wanted (there were 15 identical vans on offer across Germany/Belgium/France at the same time - 2 weeks later they were all gone).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Other way round, Julian (Dad) despairs at how they run the business, known in the Hymer Club as "The Drama of Camparama" .
They are great on the sales side, not bad on after sales support but it all goes wrong when you go to pick up your van just prepare yourself to write off the whole day.
Having said that I've bought 2 vans from them and if I buy another Hymer it will be from them.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
RoseandPeter

That does not sound encouraging as you say!

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Probably got to be in front of them to get the best deal as emails cannot target the individuals and they don't know me from Adam! From what I've gleaned its going to have to be a secondhand van.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Other way round, Julian (Dad) despairs at how they run the business, known in the Hymer Club as "The Drama of Camparama" .
They are great on the sales side, not bad on after sales support but it all goes wrong when you go to pick up your van just prepare yourself to write off the whole day.
Having said that I've bought 2 vans from them and if I buy another Hymer it will be from them.
If you buy another Hymer?

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Campirama did frustrate us and made the experience of importing more anxious (for a first time importer) than it needed to be, but I would still use Camparima again if we decided to buy new again in the future (for Hymer anyway). I know what to do now and what to expect. It is after all, miles cheaper than anything over here, so made a little stress worthwhile.... Camparima gave us the best price first time over Duerrwang (never got a price off Hymerworld!!) . We have had a few niggles with the new van, such as the fridge not working on 240v but it has not proved to be a problem dealing with warranty issues over here with the nearest service centre.

I know from what Emmanual told us when we picked our van up at Campirama, that he often provides quotes for new vans for people in UK. Many people who buy from them only set foot in Campirama for the first time to actually pick up their new van after ordering and paying for it from the Uk.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Many people who buy from them only set foot in Campirama for the first time to actually pick up their new van after ordering and paying for it from the Uk.

He probably meant us:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes will go with Hymer again for same reason
It's easy to be seduced by the glitz but as ever the devil in the detail. I just need to get over those horrible hymer headlights!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back