Anybody used or using "aguri" ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
The aguri RV700 DVR looks quite interesting anybody bought one and what do you think of it?

Free maps and updates for life, speed traps, built in dash cam , 30k of camp sites and MH stop overs and you can enter dimensions of your MH etc etc.

colyboy

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hiya got one on trial now ,,seems to do what's wanted,and has the advantage of being android,so you can put your own apps on. Will be trying it out over the next three months.so will have a better idea then.Roy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was looking at the Aguri but it appears that (like Snooper) you are stuck with the POIs they give you and can't add your own sets. Is that the case @Khizzie?

If it is then it would be no good to me with a set of over 2260 Motorhome Parking POIs :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I was looking at the Aguri but it appears that (like Snooper) you are stuck with the POIs they give you and can't add your own sets. Is that the case @Khizzie?
If it is then it would be no good to me with a set of over 2260 Motorhome Parking POIs :D

You are correct Graham POI's cannot be added.
However over 30,000 caravan sites, campsites and motorhome stopover locations including The Caravan Club, Camping and Caravanning Club, Bordatlas, ACSI, Camperstop plus thousands more are all preloaded and ready to use.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

What @Brisey said !! But so much already on there nothing g else required for me ....Roy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You are correct Graham POI's cannot be added.
However over 30,000 caravan sites, campsites and motorhome stopover locations including The Caravan Club, Camping and Caravanning Club, Bordatlas, ACSI, Camperstop plus thousands more are all preloaded and ready to use.
What @Brisey said !! But so much already on there nothing g else required for me ....Roy
Thanks. Basically the same as other device manufacturers and sets that can be freely downloaded from their publishers then :)

I'll stick with devices to which I can add my own sets then as I like to have my Parking and MCC CLs/Nightstops sets on sat navs I use :D

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks. Basically the same as other device manufacturers and sets that can be freely downloaded from their publishers then :)

I'll stick with devices to which I can add my own sets then as I like to have my Parking and MCC CLs/Nightstops sets on sat navs I use :D
I have those extras on my phone Graham..so not going short on anything ,but if satnav goes boobs up I have a back-up. Roy

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
You're right its park 4 night that's on phone.. ..which satnavs now take poi,s the new (ish) Tom Tom that my son has wont allow it like the others always did. Not too sure about my Garmin ..Roy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You're right its park 4 night that's on phone.. ..which satnavs now take poi,s the new (ish) Tom Tom that my son has wont allow it like the others always did. Not too sure about my Garmin ..Roy
Garmin sat navs take third party POIs, as do Mio products and those running iGo software (including the Chinese knock-offs). I understand that full versions of Co Pilot and Mapfactor for tablets also take them.

The TomTom Go and Start 40, 50, 60 Series / Go 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000 (including Trucker) didn't take third party POIs when they were first released but a modification was implemented to enable loading of them for navigation purposes (though they don't show up on the display as they should because you can't include icons with them). TomTom are, supposedly, working on the problem but I wouldn't hold my breath. Older TomTom devices took third party POIs and (following discussions with a TomTom manager about posts on the forum) it looks like they made a serious design mistake with the later models.

Snooper will take third party sets submitted by users (so long as they are not copyright protected), convert them to their format and then make them available for download by all their users.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Garmin sat navs take third party POIs, as do Mio products and those running iGo software (including the Chinese knock-offs). I understand that full versions of Co Pilot and Mapfactor for tablets also take them.

The TomTom Go and Start 40, 50, 60 Series / Go 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000 (including Trucker) didn't take third party POIs when they were first released but a modification was implemented to enable loading of them for navigation purposes (though they don't show up on the display as they should because you can't include icons with them). TomTom are, supposedly, working on the problem but I wouldn't hold my breath. Older TomTom devices took third party POIs and (following discussions with a TomTom manager about posts on the forum) it looks like they made a serious design mistake with the later models.

Snooper will take third party sets submitted by users (so long as they are not copyright protected), convert them to their format and then make them available for download by all their users.
Thanks for that . Graham .must look at my snooper and Garmin ..

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Think it was said somewhere that the Aguri is new on the market and is done from some guys that used to work for snooper but broke away to set up on there own. I am tempted with this one also bit want more feedback from users that have used it a lot and in Europe.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Think it was said somewhere that the Aguri is new on the market and is done from some guys that used to work for snooper but broke away to set up on there own. I am tempted with this one also bit want more feedback from users that have used it a lot and in Europe.
working as promised on box..in the UK..have been using it in car and van for a month now . No major issues and simple to use ....bought mine directly from aguriworld ,same spec as the one offered in caravan club..but got mine for £199.99 ..very pleased so far..will be testing it out in North Wales and Lake District ..soon. Roy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Think it was said somewhere that the Aguri is new on the market and is done from some guys that used to work for snooper but broke away to set up on there own.
They told me that when I had an on-line "chat" with one of their agents. Interestingly he reckoned that POI sets could be added - but I wasn't all that confidant in his knowledge, hence my question today.
working as promised on box..in the UK..have been using it in car and van for a month now . No major issues and simple to use ....bought mine directly from aguriworld ,same spec as the one offered in caravan club..but got mine for £199.99 ..very pleased so far..will be testing it out in North Wales and Lake District ..soon. Roy
I thought the CC offering was Avtex (re-branded Garmin)?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No major issues and simple to use ...
One other point just struck me again. I've mentioned before that I'm unsure about the sat nav/camera combinations because the camera has to see the road whilst the sat nav must be visible to the driver but the device mustn't obscure any of the view in the prescribed area. Did that present any problems with mounting?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
One other point just struck me again. I've mentioned before that I'm unsure about the sat nav/camera combinations because the camera has to see the road whilst the sat nav must be visible to the driver but the device mustn't obscure any of the view in the prescribed area. Did that present any problems with mounting?
Not at all ,the lens is on the far left of unit and appears to be fine. .... Must be camping and caravan club offering them at £249 . Thought it was cc....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back