megsdad

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
auto cruise
Exp
1 month
Hi megsdad here been watching with the odd comment here and there . I,m. Sure its been covered before but,does anybody have any input on passion aires in France.wet latst year used all the aires great will again but ,peopke talked with affection of passion aires so.....thanks

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Megsdad.

Only had one experience of the "French Passion" stopovers and that was by accident. We were travelling through France last Autumn saw a Motorhome sign and just turned in. Turned out to be a lovely vineyard and part of the French Passion scheme. When asked if we were members we said no sorry we weren't and didn't realise it was a FP site. The lady said no problem it's €3 a night, so we stayed. Had a lovely evening walk amongst the vines and watching people ride their horses along the wide tracks.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
They're great BUT many don't have any facilities, including fresh water, so plan carefully.
We think they're great

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
French Passion in France works in the same way as Brit Stops does here in the UK.

The only real difference is that BS is mainly pubs with other stopovers thrown in and FP is mainly vineyards with other types available.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Are they any easier to find now than they used to be? - they only used to tell you more or less to the nearest town or village their address was in, so they might be miles away from the centre of that!

Some are dead relaxed and let you stay anyway - our first and only ever deliberate stop at one was a vineyard on the Ile d'Oleron - where the shop was closed the evening we arrived, but before we left next day I said to Pete 'We better go in, to say thankyou' so we did - and by God, the woman was like the Spanish Inquisition, demanding to see our membership card (even though it was free and we were leaving!!) and writing that and our name address registration, make, length, (and inside leg measurements almost) in a book.

We've never bothered joining since. Aires seem far easier to find and stay at, for us!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have been a member for eleven years now, last year had my tenth year free. We love FP as they are so diverse and the wines are better and cheaper than you can buy in the shops. The owners are usually proud of their produce, the area they live and love to share. There is no obligation to buy but you would be foolish not too.

OP
OP
M

megsdad

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
auto cruise
Exp
1 month
Thanks to all.I,ll probably join ,try everything at least once they say.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Well worth it
Some are awefull
Most are great
Bit out of the way but thats what is nice away from the crowds.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Used them many times. Usually great, one or two not so good. Can be hard to find but worth it. Vineyards, Buffalo farms etc. Brill !
Phil

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Joined one year struggled witht the directions first one full second no-one there to ask third no good so gave up!!!. Did stay on one last year directed there by the tourist office (have found it always pays to ask where there is to stay often there are places on no-ones list!!) cost us nothing despite not being members but spent loads on wine!!!!

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Last year we stayed in a few France Passion sites. They are easy to find and at each place we received a warm welcome. We stayed on a berry farm, snail farm, goat farm, duck farm, winery, kiwifruit farm, cattle farm and a few others. All of the places were very quiet and most of the time we had the site to ourselves. Click on the link and view the photos. We will be using them this year when we travel through France.
http://www.travelbunyip.com/passions-2/

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
i though i read so ewhere that FP now provide members with a GPS point of interest file for your satnav....

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i though i read so ewhere that FP now provide members with a GPS point of interest file for your satnav....
they do..
https://www.france-passion.com/en/motorhomers/faq

In your 2014 Stopover Guide : GPS coordinates for all stopovers!
GPS coordinates are now published in the Guide, and replace the system of downloadable Points of Interest that was available with the 2013 edition.

For each site, GPS coordinates are indicated in decimal degrees format (DD.ddddd°). Example: N 44.05243 E 5.04843
Use “where to”, “navigate to” or “search” coordinates (Latitude – Longitude) to enter coordinates into GPS.

Make sure GPS is set to decimal degrees (DD.ddddd°). Most units will offer this option when you enter coordinates.
If not, the format can be selected in your unit’s settings.

Depending on your GPS model, you may be required to enter the sign “+” in place of “N” and “E” (positive latitude and longitude), and the sign “-“ in place of “W” (negative longitude).

GPS coordinates remain an optional complement to the written directions provided for each stopover in the France Passion Guide. Please consult your GPS manual, and never blindly follow your GPS.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
some years ago I 'found' the FP POI set and uploaded onto a Google map..

welcome to look and download the POIs.. as a KML file and convert to whatever type you need using the on-line converter https://www.gps-data-team.com/ or copy the GPS locations..

I cannot guarantee that they are correct, or complete .. nor will it be up to date.. use it as a guide.. something to look at on a wet day

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?hl=en&authuser=1&mid=zu3GGzrZD4Hg.k-gVo3a-dIjs

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back