DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interesting, are you going to fit a lifting roof and does taking the bulkhead out effect rigidity?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Really enjoyed reading and looking at your photos! From a working van you are starting to make a lovely little camper! I look forward to watching it develope as you've done a great job so far . Thank you for sharing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
No lifting roof @DBK and there is a wheelchair access, taxi and people carrier of this van what dont have the small bulkhead. As it was held on by two bolts and two spot welds and hard silicon i am taking the gamble that its not structural. If you are talking about the big full bulkhead then no as its just a bolt on extra.

@Anthea M its on a budget as we have always took the car to Europe and camped but at 52 and the wife heading that way its getting harder to get up in the morning with the aches and pains. This will get ran for two year at most and if we enjoy i will be spending more time, money and effort into converting a larger van. We dont need huge as we dont want a loo. I think a small or semi wheelbase transit will be large enough for a rock n roll bed, sink cooker unit and plenty storage. TBH i think we will enjoy this as the wife can wait to get away and i am enjoying having the hobby. A few weekend in the highlands are on the cards soon i think.

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
I know it is too late, but I know you will live to regret not using some far more effective form of insulation as in a dark blue van the summers sun will get as hot as hell inside and then in the winter months you will freeze.......... I kid you not.

What plans have you for heating the van? On my Renault Master conversion I hunted around and found a Propex 1800 gas heater which was still in its' original box for just ÂŁ50 on Gumtree.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Like what you are doing,read the whole blog and looks so much lighter,surely quieter.Had several converted vans,some done by me,sometimes bought in various stages of conversion.
Always found condensation the biggest probs in the Uk.
Hope you have got that sussed,good luck with the finishing.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Like what you are doing,read the whole blog and looks so much lighter,surely quieter.Had several converted vans,some done by me,sometimes bought in various stages of conversion.
Always found condensation the biggest probs in the Uk.
Hope you have got that sussed,good luck with the finishing.

There is an air vent at the rear in the floor. The outside is under the van and looks like the outside of an expelair with the flaps. I am hoping this will be enough. Other who have done this are having no problem as i was asking about a vent as i did not want a whirly one on the roof.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back