Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Mrs D and I have just come back from our 3 month Europeon tour and what a great adventure it has been. Among the list of things that need fixing is the rear bed. Its the rear U shape lounge model with the pull out slats that form the double bed at the back. Well the plastic runners that support these slats along the edge of each seat have broken in 3 places. The bed is still usuable but the wooden slats keep falling though in the places where its broke so its only going to get worse.

P..s taking welcomed and indeed expected but if someone can point me in the right direction at some point that would be nice

Cheers

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Now who would be extracting the 'mickey' on FUN, we are not like that!:ROFLMAO:

If your local dealer cannot help, give us a ring

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Thanks to both of you, will call you tomorrow. Local dealers around here so far have not proved that great (North York Dales). Its a 14 mile round trip for a pint of milk here so MH repairs. Forget it. Assume I just need the bits though and surely a numpty like me can fit a few bed supports! How hard can it be?:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
P..s taking welcomed and indeed expected but if someone can point me in the right direction at some point that would be nice
Cheers

No-one would be so stupid or else the huge army of collapsed Swift bed owners might descent and that is a terrifying thought.

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
No-one would be so stupid or else the huge army of collapsed Swift bed owners might descent and that is a terrifying thought.

Hmm lots of collapsed Swift beds?

So from that do I assume that

A. Swit beds are crap
B. Swift owners are too fat
C. Swift owners have too much frantic sex

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hmm lots of collapsed Swift beds?

So from that do I assume that

Assume what you want, all I'm saying in open forum is that on here and Facts over the last two years I've noticed it regularly. Now if you consider that only a fraction the MH population are on these forums then even though the numbers may not be that high you most certainly are not an isolated case. On one thread I recall the comment from Swift that "the modified bracket had not been used".

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Cheers guys. Well at least from your replies I can assume then that I wont have a problem getting the bits if its common

Northy

Free Member
Jul 15, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
If you contact Lowdhams Leisure at Huddersfield 0845 634 9406 they are your local Swift dealers and they can order your parts. Just tell them the year and model you have I'm sure it won't be too difficult to replace them yourself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back