Long queues at Eurotunnel security (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
image.jpeg

Queues back to check in at Calais

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There were 4 queues about that long when we came through Calais just over a week ago, we got through pretty quickly though.
There's always a GB car trying to jump the queue wherever you go.....

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There's only two lines open now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
about time ..But July will be hell:(
Then time to FORSAKE THE FROGS LEGS, and visit SKEGGY!! No queues, no border crossings, just sea, sun, chips and fat Yorkshire ladies!(y) Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Skeggy, Mecca of The North, hub of the universe!! And everyone speaks ENGLISH......(well, except a few Yorkshire types....)(y)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Then time to FORSAKE THE FROGS LEGS, and visit SKEGGY!! No queues, no border crossings, just sea, sun, chips and fat Yorkshire ladies!(y) Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Skeggy, Mecca of The North, hub of the universe!! And everyone speaks ENGLISH......(well, except a few Yorkshire types....)(y)

But don't go just yet as its going to be stormy, raining and blowing a gale

image.png

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
But don't go just yet as its going to be stormy, raining and blowing a gale

View attachment 98509
As is everywhere today, Robert.......However, SKEGGY is world renowned for temperatures that can rival Tunis on a good day. And the cockles are sublime!! (y) None of that disgusting and smelly cannonball cheese you get in Vichy Land, just honest to goodness, cancer beating, wholesome pies and chips. Sublime! :):)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
As is everywhere today, Robert.......However, SKEGGY is world renowned for temperatures that can rival Tunis on a good day. And the cockles are sublime!! (y) None of that disgusting and smelly cannonball cheese you get in Vichy Land, just honest to goodness, cancer beating, wholesome pies and chips. Sublime! :):)

:Eeek: There sure are more out then in on this forum!lol:Eeek:

i'll have some of whats he is on plse

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009

Hi Tootles
And don't forget..."Withernsea" Yorkshire,the Hull Dockers Majorca...LOL Glad to see you have recharged your batteries and... Firing? LOL. On all cylinders.
Tea Bag

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
There were 4 queues about that long when we came through Calais just over a week ago, we got through pretty quickly though.
There's always a GB car trying to jump the queue wherever you go.....

Hi Allanm.
You are right about the GB car jumpers... However,looking at the angle the car is at in relation to the queue,it might,just might? Be a vehicle leaving the Dog Passport control area that is on that side.. A couple of times i have been exiting the Dog passport area,and "Vehicles ?" Have increased speed to stop me joining a steady flow of other vehicles moving towards the ticket booths. Being as the UK is a nation of Dog lovers,i put it down to some drivers who dislike M/homes...LOL.
Tea Bag

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Where,,,never heard of it,,,,:happy::happy:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
But where do you think people would prefer to spend their holidays, given the choice
Skegness or say Italy for example? (where coincidentally we may be heading off to in a couple of weeks)
No contest me thinks

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've sat in queues like that many times
Thankfully it was only a queue for the security check. Once we had cleared that, immigration was a doddle and we made our train as originally planned.
Got stopped for an interior check, but that took less than a minute or so. The Eurotunnel approach is like Fort Knox now, and we didn't see any migrants at all.
We're safely home know, the vans empty and we're enjoying a cup of tea !

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You've come home to the lovely weather :rofl:
There were warning signs on M20 talking about storms on Monday - we're only back for a couple of weeks. May as well stayed in France and headed off to our new destination.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Allanm.
You are right about the GB car jumpers... However,looking at the angle the car is at in relation to the queue,it might,just might? Be a vehicle leaving the Dog Passport control area that is on that side.. A couple of times i have been exiting the Dog passport area,and "Vehicles ?" Have increased speed to stop me joining a steady flow of other vehicles moving towards the ticket booths. Being as the UK is a nation of Dog lovers,i put it down to some drivers who dislike M/homes...LOL.
Tea Bag
He was queue jumping - he had a train to catch for flucks sake !

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
But where do you think people would prefer to spend their holidays, given the choice
Skegness or say Italy for example? (where coincidentally we may be heading off to in a couple of weeks)
No contest me thinks
Your quite right. (y) I admit it. :( I would rather wear a duck shaped 'G' string outside of Woolworths then holiday in Italy. I mean, what a dogs gonad of a place!! The country responsible for the thinnest book EVER written, (The Italian Book of War Heroes), full of greasy haired men trying to pinch your bum, and nothing but Dolmio pasta sauce to eat.........And they all speak a funny language.
Nope, Skeggy every time!! (y)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I thought having to supply 'Advanced Passenger Information' prior to travel was designed to speed things up?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Your quite right. (y) I admit it. :( I would rather wear a duck shaped 'G' string outside of Woolworths then holiday in Italy. I mean, what a dogs gonad of a place!! The country responsible for the thinnest book EVER written, (The Italian Book of War Heroes), full of greasy haired men trying to pinch your bum, and nothing but Dolmio pasta sauce to eat.........And they all speak a funny language.

Well, I reckon if put to a vote Funsters would rather take a trip to the land of Pasta and Red wine, than Skegness - what do you think?
The Great British Holiday versus The Italian Job?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well, I reckon if put to a vote Funsters would rather take a trip to the land of Pasta and Red wine, than Skegness - what do you think?
The Great British Holiday versus The Italian Job?
Your right again, and it's just through a lack of education!! (y)
Put Skeggy and Italy side by side, and even such an anti-British resort person as yourself will see the sense of Yorkshire.....

ITALY. It costs a fortune to get there.
You have to travel through terrorist and Latvian robber infested countries to complete your journey.
It costs a fortune in fuel.
The food is crap
They all speak Italian.
You have to drive on the wrong side of the road.
You could be.........wait for it..........GASSED! :eek:
You either have to proceed to Mainland Europe piggyback on a train, or in a swaying ship.
You could be HORRIBLY sunburnt.

Skeggy.
It costs almost nowt to get there.
No terrorist threats, leaving you at peace to enjoy your break. (OK, a few Yorkshire sheep rustlers, but that's all).
You can get there on three gallons of chip fat.
The cuisine is rated as A1.......If you like chips....And who dosent?
Everyone you meet will speak English.
You get to drive on the side of the road God invented.
Your only GASSING risk will be from mushy peas.
No train, no ship, just travel bliss.
AND, you can leave the factor 30 at home, thereby saving weight. (y)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Your right again, and it's just through a lack of education!! (y)
Put Skeggy and Italy side by side, and even such an anti-British resort person as yourself will see the sense of Yorkshire.....

ITALY. It costs a fortune to get there.
You have to travel through terrorist and Latvian robber infested countries to complete your journey.
It costs a fortune in fuel.
The food is crap
They all speak Italian.
You have to drive on the wrong side of the road.
You could be.........wait for it..........GASSED! :eek:
You either have to proceed to Mainland Europe piggyback on a train, or in a swaying ship.
You could be HORRIBLY sunburnt.

Skeggy.
It costs almost nowt to get there.
No terrorist threats, leaving you at peace to enjoy your break. (OK, a few Yorkshire sheep rustlers, but that's all).
You can get there on three gallons of chip fat.
The cuisine is rated as A1.......If you like chips....And who dosent?
Everyone you meet will speak English.
You get to drive on the side of the road God invented.
Your only GASSING risk will be from mushy peas.
No train, no ship, just travel bliss.
AND, you can leave the factor 30 at home, thereby saving weight. (y)(y)(y)(y)
Thats it - you got me!
Skegness it is

Just as soon as I can talk Mrs C into it

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Are the long queues at the Chunnel all the Europeans trying to get to Skegness? This might explain all the traffic on the roads today. :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Your forgetting The Romans,,, They gave us some good hidings,,and quite a few other countries why they were at it...BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back