LED Bulbs (1 Viewer)

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Ben looking on Lidl site, as from 24/08/2009 they have LED bulbs at £3.99, are they suitable for the spots in a m/h ?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Ben looking on Lidl site, as from 24/08/2009 they have LED bulbs at £3.99, are they suitable for the spots in a m/h ?

Hi Graham

I don't see why not, I take it you are after the 12v ones. At 1.2w they won't use up much leccy will they? Might have a look at them myself.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Try to find out what colour they are. Some of the white LED's are very clinical. The warm white are the closest to the light you get from conventional bulbs, and even these differ with each manufacturer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

They might be suitable for the fittings in some vans, Graham, but not the ones in yours or ours (I assume you have the eyeball fittings like we do (see photo attached)). They take a bayonet cap fitting.

I bought some from Aten Lighting similar to Link Removed, except ours are 4 LED rather than 6 LED. For the fittings in the washroom and the Luton you need Link Removed. It isn't worth replacing the fluorescent lamps.

Aten Lighting and Ledbulbs4u are both exhibiting at the Lincoln Show next month so if you're going you'll be able to see their displays of the various options and decide whether you prefer the White or Warm White variety. If you're camping with Fun you can even have a look at ours to help you decide :Smile:

Graham

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
yes Graham, they are bayonet fitting + look more like a side light bulb. Will take your advice + wait untill Lincoln.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Went to Lidl this morning and bought 2. Back to the van and worked out how to take the originals off, but new ones are nothing like those. The new ones would need a light fitting to be approx 50 mm deep, unless I was to open up the hole into the cupboards above and let the bulb protrude into the cupboard. is that what others have done ? My light units are only 20 mm deep, and the 9 watt halogen bulbs are tiny. I think I'll be returning them shortly.

regards
Allen

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My light units are only 20 mm deep, and the 9 watt halogen bulbs are tiny. I think I'll be returning them shortly.

regards
Allen

Do you want something like this:

Link Removed

Not cheap but what I've used and good. Note the side entry of the pins. They also do back entry.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Do you want something like this:

Link Removed

Not cheap but what I've used and good. Note the side entry of the pins. They also do back entry.

That looks more like it. And definately not cheap !
Thanks Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back