Co-Pilot Caravan (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
I have just been offered a version of Co-Pilot for Moho & caravan at £49 with 15% discount. Firstly having bought the premium version with RV routing it seems rich to launch this without a substantial discount for existing users. And secondly the moho version does not seem to do anything special but without a trial version it is difficult to tell. So if anyone does go for it could you tell us what you think. I am in the market for a camper sat nav and wish the Tom Tom version was still available.

Eric

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Not that price on Google Play and has the option to choose MH for your vehicle.

I have used it all over Europe and not had any major problem with it running on a 7" tablet.

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Keith, I think you are using the same one as me with the red logo? The one I am talking about has just been launched specifically for moho/caravans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Yes, I got the email launching it this morning as well.
I'm hoping they might have an upgrade at reduced cost but won't be holding my breath.

Richard.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I have the truck version which was very expensive at the time (3 years ago or so). I am assuming this will do everything the Moho version will do.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Love my CoPilot Truck. I bought it when I had the RV for the flexible routing profiles for long heavy vehicles and now have 2 licences so Sally can use her tablet in the suicide seat and watch routing. We have both changed hardware in the interim and have the benefit of faster tablets and no sat nav change costs.

?

Deleted User
Having not used it long journeys yet as co pilot is on the phone for a backup. Does it have junction view?

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Notakwak, yes your CoPilot does have junction view.

ceejayt, I have looked at the comparison table on CoPilot's website and there are subtle differences between the new Caravan and Truck versions shown. The one that interests me is that Caravan has campsite POI's already loaded. I cannot put POI's on myself despite lots of advice on Fun at various times.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I too have the Co pilot premium and have it set to caravan. I have emailed customer support asking if i can have the upgrade cheaper as i just bought it 2 weeks so. I am waiting for their reply.
I did put In the poi's from search for sites and campercontact which are very useful.
I will post if I get a reply.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Notakwak, yes your CoPilot does have junction view.

ceejayt, I have looked at the comparison table on CoPilot's website and there are subtle differences between the new Caravan and Truck versions shown. The one that interests me is that Caravan has campsite POI's already loaded. I cannot put POI's on myself despite lots of advice on Fun at various times.

Poi on iOS is an ongoing issue and bug bear with CoPilot. I use Poi viewer on my iPad to over come this and have thousands of Poi loaded on there.

I doubt there can be any great difference in the routing between truck and caravan versions.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Just wondering & looking for advice. Has anyone actually bought or changed to the caravan version. Would be interested in knowing as thinking about getting this version. Have a free download of ordinary which I have just loaded onto my old I pad and will try it out tomorrow in car. If it's any good then hoping caravan version may be a cheaper alternative as a back up sat nav.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back