Euro LPG connectors V Brit things (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It struck me while in France recently how much better the French 'cup' version of LPG connectors are to the crappy things we have here in the UK

No massive WHOOOSH with accompanied hand freeze when disconnecting, the ability to lock the trigger so you can get to the pump to press the button easily, and the connection is made so much easier as well..

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just read about Dave ( Snowbird ) and his awful accident with LPG
The guns I refer to above that I used both had a substantial hand shield but even so it could still get you if you aint on the ball !

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The French system is certainly much easier to use, goodness knows why anybody would think a bayonet fitting would be the best design. Same with bayonet fitting light bulbs, all ours are now screw or plug in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Normally the French/Italian 'dish' adaptor doubles up with the 'acme' thread , German, on outside of it. This is what I have a standard. The Euro connector , Spanish, & the UK bayonet I have as adaptors which screw into the cenre using a 10mm thread.
By all acccounts the least dangerous is the euroconnecter which was/ is supposed to become the standard .
The UK used to have the 'dish' years ago before the bayonet was introduced.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
But we have to be different! The French eat oysters and drink champagne, we have fish and chips and Buckfast Tonic Wine.

Well some of us! :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The French system is certainly much easier to use, goodness knows why anybody would think a bayonet fitting would be the best design. Same with bayonet fitting light bulbs, all ours are now screw or plug in.
The system which remains the most intact from frequent abuse is probably the best. A station attendant came out and replaced their nozzle when I was filling up in Portugal as it had worn and my adaptor could not clip onto it.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I hope he wasn't too rude and unfriendly about it...

JJ :cool:
Nope.....as with most of them they were a bit less grumpy when I was putting money into their palms......

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I filled up with LPG on southern France this very day. The clip that keeps the trigger in place was broken, I had to keep it held in manually while wife pressed the button. It worked, but in hinfsight maybe not the most sensible course of action.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I have
I filled up with LPG on southern France this very day. The clip that keeps the trigger in place was broken, I had to keep it held in manually while wife pressed the button. It worked, but in hinfsight maybe not the most sensible course of action.
I have noticed in Spain many of the nozzle clips have been modified, (they are not broken) so that the attendant has to come and put a pin in rather than just clip it back. This means you have to have two people to operate the GPL pump or wait for the attendants pin. Joan and I are quite good at this dual filling now.
I had a bad experience of the French Cup type south of Cap Bretton. The gas was leaking out as it was filling due to the seal on the nozzle being damaged.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back