Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Just clearing out personal belongings before hab. service next Wed. And have noticed that door of the garage on the back of our Chausson 610 purchased 1year ago has water in it which flows up and down as you raise the door, has anyone else had a similar thing happen on any other motorhome doors?
I will of course have the dealer look at it, but I also had it happen on a new car last year the doors did not have any drainage at the bottom of them! So this maybe of interest to lots of you.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
has anyone else had a similar thing happen on any other motorhome doors?

The small lift up garage door on my Hymer b644 can get damp trapped in the corners.

information kindly provided by
@JeanLuc

It has drainage holes in the centre of the aluminium frame, but if you park on a slope water can collect inside the frame and cause discolouration to the inside of the door.

It is not a structural problem as the PUAL door dries out; only a cosmetic issue, and it only happens in heavy persistent rain.

Possible solution is to drill small drainage holes in the corner of the frame

OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Thanks ScotJimland that makes me feel better, I will ask the dealer to do it if not I will.
I wonder how many people have the same problem without knowing in cars or motorhomes?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back