No Gas possible faulty valve! (1 Viewer)

pogjones

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Funster No
Been out in the motorhome for the second time only to find that we could get no gas even though the bottle was full and all taps were open. It now looks like the valve is the culprit as no gas is getting past it. I have been informed that there has been problems with oil leaking from seals and causing problems has anyone else come across this. The motorhome is only 13 months old so the valve will also be the same age. There is a black plastic cap on the side of the valve and what looks like a yellow button which appears to be solid so not sure what it is for. Any advice would be apreiciated.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Yes had two regulators go in one year - known problem - regulator should be higher than bottles and it is said Stainless Steel tubing is better than rubber.

Another thought - on some regulators you have to hold the button in for a while - have you done this?

:Smile:
Keith

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
we had the same it turned out to be a faulty gas bottle we took it back and when we put new bottle on all was ok

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pogjones

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Funster No
There is a small yellow buttun on the side of the valve, but it is solid so it will not press in at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Regulator

It sounds like the regulator, they are fairly easy to change but please check for leaks very carefully. I've changed one this week for exactly the same reasons.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Best thing is to use a match or lighter along the metal pipe to see if there's a leak dont use it near the rubber as you may melt it.

Whilst I and most others know this is a wind up such a post is just so irresponsible:Sad:, a newbie may not know any better:Doh:.
So for anyone looking to test for gas leaks the way to do it is with soapy water

Last edited:

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Pogjones! Hi

Dont use the cruise control while you go into the back to make a cup of Tea.

Dont stick your finger into the battery and taste it to see if there's acid in it.

Dont put your hand on the gas flame to see what the tempature is.

Dont stick your head out the window while appraoching a tunnel to see it the van will fit through.

Dont call the customs officer an asshole in France and joke the coke is stashed in the inside "somewhere"

Dont put a hose from the exhaust into the toilet while taking a dump to get rid of the smell.

Put a big sticker on the dash with your credit card pin numbers and address.

I reckon thats it although I'm sure the others in this forum will have their own health and safety tips

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Easy test for the bottle, turn off the bottle, uncouple from the regulator a quick turn of the bottle knob will tell you if there is gas in bottle and working properly, I hope this helps. Pete

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
glad i use the old fashioned regulators screwed on to top of bottles . struggle to remember if i ever had one go wrong. do remember the high pressure regs not good on 28mbr. buy them abroad except uk propane for next to nothing. this new bulkhead reg stuff is aload of junk i think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back